Imagine using your technology skills to build products that impact the financial outcomes of people from all walks of life. Almost every person will work with a wealth advisor at some point in life, whether they are planning for retirement, saving for college, and planning for a rain day. With so much riding on what we build, we're looking for Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) to help SmartX create a better financial future for everyone.
We need creative problem solvers who are passionate about building the systems that validate the services that underly the SmartX Platform. As an SDET you will lead the development of tools and frameworks that allow our engineers to build quickly with confidence. Your goal is to ensure quality while improving the velocity of delivery. This is not a traditional QA role - we want builders that know how to develop testing frameworks and tools that will raise the bar for Engineering at SmartX.
This position will report to our CTO or Director of Engineering and can be in either our West Palm Beach headquarters or our new Austin office. We need someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Work with our Software Developers to create and implement test frameworks and update test artifacts
- Work cross functionally to create the tools and resources needed increase velocity and quality across the engineering team
- Building out our CI/CD pipeline by extending the functionality to leverage new test frameworks and tools
- Develop KPIs and OKRs to measure success for implemented test frameworks and tools
- Distill feedback into constant improvement of test frameworks and tools to increase usage
- Develop a roadmap to address test gaps
- Mentor software developers on how to introduce tests at the appropriate levels of the application stack
- Own SmartX's testing infrastructure and ensure its availability for developers
- Instruct developers on using SmartX's testing infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- Either a CS degree or a comparable understanding of the fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, DB operating principles and schema design, networking, and security)
- 5+ years experience in Object Oriented Programming fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles (c# preferred)
- 3+ years building and implementing test frameworks and tools, integrating them into the CI pipeline and successfully adopted by development teams
- Experience with API Testing both manual and automated. Experience with API contract testing a plus.
- Automation experience in a distributed/service-oriented architecture environment
- Extensive experience with performance/load testing
- Advanced knowledge of security vulnerabilities
West Palm Beach
, United States
||27 Nov 2020
Share Job Opening