Imagine using your technology skills to build products that impact the financial outcomes of people from all walks of life. Almost every person will work with a wealth advisor at some point in life, whether they are planning for retirement, saving for college, and planning for a rain day. With so much riding on what we build, we're looking for Principal Database Engineers to help SmartX create a better financial future for everyone.
As a Principal Database Engineer at SmartX, you’ll support our entire engineering organization by solving complex problems with innovative and elegant solutions for data storage and management. You will be collaborating directly with our application engineers and our CTO to implement the right technologies for the right problems.
You will be responsible for the overall reliability, security, and the scaling and maintenance of our SQL Server databases. In addition we will be relying heavily on your decisions when it comes to choosing modern database patterns and technologies going forward.
This position will report to our CTO or Director of Engineering and can be in either our West Palm Beach headquarters or our new Austin office. We need someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Manage our existing production database environments.
- Work with our Software Developers to create and implement database technologies
- Architect database solutions to handle scale challenges
- Select particular database technologies for certain applications
- Lead data architecture design reviews
- Operationalize the database management and administration practice at SmartX
- Help our Software Developers with query optimizations
- Work cross functionally to create the tools and resources needed increase velocity and quality across the engineering team
- Build out a framework to support various environments for development, test, and staging to help with engineering velocity
- Create monitoring tools and infrastructure for reliability and observability challenges
- Mentor software developers on how to think about data models in scalable software solutions
What we're looking for:
- Either a CS degree or a comparable understanding of the fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, DB operating principles and schema design, networking, and security)
- 5+ years experience in cloud database architecture, design, and/or development
- Experience with both Relational and noSQL databases preferred
- 2+ years working in a Principal or Lead role preferred
- Experience with ETL, data warehouse, and partition experience is desired
- AWS experience preferred
- Development experience with scripting languages
- Extensive experience with performance/load testing
- Advanced knowledge of security vulnerabilities
, United States
||17 Dec 2020
Share Job Opening