Imagine using your technology skills to build products that impact the financial outcomes of people from all walks of life. Almost every person will work with a wealth advisor at some point in life, whether they are planning for retirement, saving for college, and planning for a rain day. With so much riding on what we build, we're looking for a Lead Engineer focusing on our Front End User Experience to help SmartX create a better financial future for everyone.
We need creative problem solvers who are passionate about building beautiful and usable interfaces to interact with the powerful and complex SmartX Platform. As a Lead Engineer focused on the front end, you would be responsible for designing and building new interfaces as we continue to build out the features and functionality for our wealth advisor, asset manager, and enterprise customers. Your goal is to ensure that clients of all different levels of technical acumen can use the SmartX Platform when they first log in, while giving them the ability to tailor the experience to their needs as they continue to use the platform. This is not a designer role but will require an empathetic eye towards users - we want builders that want to raise the bar for how WealthTech is built.
This position will report to our CTO or Director of Engineering and can be in either our West Palm Beach headquarters or our new Austin office. We need someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers to take ideas from concept to complete
- Design, develop, and release new user experiences for the SmartX Platform
- Build infrastructure to speed up development velocity and improve quality
- Perform code reviews with colleagues and help with design decisions
- Research on new technologies and advocate for a better way to do things
- Mentor junior engineers and help them learn what you wish you knew at their point in their career
Requirements We Need
- Strong understanding of web technologies, HTTP & Streaming/Socket protocols
- Experience with designing responsive Web Apps
- Experience with modern JS/UI/UX Development toolchain
- Design, development and maintenance of Progressive Web Apps in AngularJS & VueJS
- Architectural experience designing REST/GraphQL API-based applications
- Strong understanding of git / github workflows.
Skills We Are Looking For
- Ability to simplify complex problem spaces into elegant solutions
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment
- Experience with C# / Visual Studio
- Experience with PHP / Drupal
- Experience with Docker / Serverless
- Experience with the AWS Environment
- Experience running Scrum or Agile teams
- Past experience leading a development project or team of developers
, United States
||17 Dec 2020
Share Job Opening