About SMArtX Advisory Solutions
SMArtX Advisory Solutions owns and operates the cloud native, API first, microservices architecture, managed accounts technology solution known as SMArtX. SMArtX is also available as an off the shelf turnkey asset management platform for advisors seeking breadth of investment products and ease of use, both automating the investment processes and simplifying the everyday tasks of managing client accounts. SMArtX licenses its proprietary technology to enterprise firms looking to create, customize and or upgrade their proprietary managed accounts technology. SMArtX is the managed account technology and TAMP platform of choice for multiple RIAs, broker-dealers, and asset managers.
SMArtX Advisory Solutions is expanding our Investment Operations team located in West Palm Beach, FL with a Corporate Actions Specialist. The candidate will possess the knowledge and skills to successfully troubleshoot, research, and process corporate actions on our award-winning platform. The Corporate Actions Specialist works closely with our Portfolio Accounting, Trading, and Manager Solutions team. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has deep experience with corporate actions.
What you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring, reviewing, reporting, and executing upcoming corporate actions that affect positions held in accounts and models.
- Reconciling positions and cash in accounts and models following corporate actions at scale.
- Escalating issues with Corporate Actions to the Portfolio Accounting, Trading, and Model Management teams promptly.
- Optimizing the corporate actions process to improve timeliness and accuracy at scale.
- Collaborating with portfolio accounting and engineering teams to identify risks and opportunities pertaining to corporate actions.
- Performing daily operational processing functions pertaining to corporate action updates and maintains records in accordance with internal procedures and industry standards.
- Providing subject matter expertise on strategic initiatives related to corporate action functions.
- Documenting standard operating procedures.
- Identifying data provider deficiencies and working towards closing gaps.
- Collaborating with the product to facilitate improvements and increase efficiency within the current back-office structure for the structure of the corporate actions.
- Documenting bugs and feature requests to enhance system operability.
- Participating in other data projects with Model Management and Performance teams.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3-5 years of experience in brokerage operations with a focus on corporate actions.
- Skilled in SQL, Tableau, Access, and Excel.
- Someone who thrives in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Firm understanding of cause-and-effect relationships.
- Appreciation and desire for innovation within the securities industry
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary API-driven back-office applications
- A “see something, say something” mindset
- Passion for improvement, accuracy, and efficiency
SmartX Advisory Solutions was founded in 2013 and is a rapidly growing, leading financial technology firm developing breakthrough innovation in the wealth management industry. If you want to work in a professional, yet relaxed, atmosphere with other dynamic individuals, apply now
West Palm Beach
, United States
||05 Oct 2021
Share Job Opening