SMArtX, one of the fastest growing FinTech firms is looking for a Controller who will be responsible for managing the overall function, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting and Finance Department.
This position leads all day-to-day accounting and finance operations to include the production of financial statements and operating metrics, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Manage the Finance & Accounting team and develop the team to support rapid business growth
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general accounting and cost accounting.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgeting
- Supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as cost accounting, budgets, regulatory authorities and government reports.
- Prepare, present and interpret financial reports to management, Board of Directors, shareholders and other parties as needed and in a timely manner, meeting all required deadlines.
- Ensure appropriate financials controls are being applied and pro-actively look to improve such controls.
- To implement the policy & procedures relating to financial management, accounting and budget planning
- Ensure adherence to policies for control of assets and expenses
- Participate in the strategic planning process, lead the budgeting and forecasting of the firm and to build a strong financial discipline and accountability foundation for budgeting and forecasting.
- Help to ensure achievement of revenue targets on interest income and off-balance sheet earnings. Ensure adherence to policies for control of assets and expenses
- Participate in key decisions working with the senior management team
- 10+ years of Accounting/Finance experience, with 3-5 years in a Controller capacity
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Requires working knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to build, manage and lead an effective accounting and finance team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with in-depth knowledge of Power Point and Excel using pivot tables, and Quick Books enterprise software.
- Knowledge of larger ERP solutions like Netsuite, recommended
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management at the company.
West Palm Beach
, United States
||27 Apr 2021
Share Job Opening