POSITION/JOB TITLE: Senior User Experience Designer
DEPARTMENT: Product Management
REPORTS TO: VP, Product Management
LOCATION: South Jordan, Utah. (Remote until offices reopen)
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: December 8, 2020
Impartner is the market leader in partner relationship management. Breakthrough innovations in cloud-based communications, partner analytics, partner marketing, and revenue growth have helped make the company one of the fastest growing in Utah.
If you are an experienced Sr UX or Product Designer with great design chops and a passion for simplicity, we are looking for you!
- You have top-shelf visual skills and a genius ability to simplify the complex.
- You understand, empathize with, and advocate for end users.
- You have great intuition but know how to test and validate your assumptions.
- You are passionate about crafting elegant solutions for new problems and delivering real value to users.
- You notice every detail and take pride in shepherding your concepts into the exact creations you envisioned.
- You’re resourceful and jump in and learn what you don’t know.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and know how to switch hats and fill in the blanks when needed.
What you will do:
- Interact with Customers and End Users to design intuitive solutions to complex business needs.
- Work seamlessly with product management to incorporate feedback and refine requirements into visually beautiful designs that align with user needs and product strategy.
- Embed with agile development teams to turn your designs into real user experiences that delight.
- Participate in the success and growth of new designers on the team as an anchor and mentor.
- Walk miles in users’ shoes to create carefully curated and efficient workflows for interaction and data.
- Conduct user research testing to uncover usability pitfalls and validate design outcomes.
- Create product and feature concept wireframes and dev-ready mockups.
- Take ownership in the overall product design process.
- Develop platform-level UI design standards and style guidelines as an institutionalized foundation.
- Collaborate with a team of designers to deliver a consistent user experience across products and environments.
What you will need to do it well:
- 7-10+ years of user experience design and visual design for B2B SaaS or other complex user experiences
- Strong understanding of user research and human-centered design
- Experience in working within, maintaining, and updating a design system
- Customer-facing experience with B2B clientele
- Expertise with sketch, figma, or other design tools.
- Rapid prototyping tools like Invision, Marvel, or Sketch Cloud.
- Effective time-management skills to power through parallel projects
- Ability to thoughtfully distill and articulately communicate complex processes
- Technical literacy and solid business acumen
- Ability to work closely and iteratively with multiple cross-functional teams
- An impressive portfolio of past design work and case studies
Extra points for design experience with:
- B2B SaaS products with multiple user types
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Platform-level applications with configurability in mind
- Sharing and social functionality
- CRM or sales and marketing automation systems
- Content management systems and product localization
- Data visualization, dashboards, and reporting
- UI interactions with just-right animations and transitions
- HTML/CSS and other front-end technologies
- Channel sales and marketing processes
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Great Team
- Continued learning opportunities
- Stock Options
- Well-stock snack bar
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k), Medical, and Dental Benefits
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and is required to travel occasionally unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
At Impartner, we value inclusion and embrace diversity. Impartner is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Impartner prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.