POSITION/JOB TITLE: Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
LOCATION: South Jordan, Utah. (Remote until offices reopen)
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: December 8, 2020
Impartner, the fastest growing, most-award winning, pure-play channel management technology company, powers channel operations for world leaders from Honeywell to T-Mobile and tech glitterati such as Splunk, Zendesk, GitLab and TeamViewer. Continued breakthrough innovations from the Impartner’s global Channel Innovations Labs help corporations accelerate revenue an average of 32.3% in the first year of use alone and have made the company one of the stars of the Silicon Slopes, Utah’s technology hotbed.
If you are an audacious marketer and natural born storyteller with serious writing chops who’s passionate about helping companies grow and differentiate using the full suite of communication tools available to marketers and communicators today – come and talk to us! Impartner is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to play a key role in taking the company’s reach in the market to the next level.
This opportunity will allow you to join an internationally acclaimed marketing team and play a key role by helping:
· Define and manage a content strategy and produce and write a wide range of content and marketing collateral including podcasts, webinars, case studies, e-books, blogs and infographics. Work to lead and produce these materials could entail creating and running surveys, sourcing and coordinating outside writers or internal experts, working with designers on design, writing and working with total marketing team to coordinate publication and publicity strategies on the company’s website, in social media, etc.
· Manage the company’s Channel Chief Advisory Board, a critical thought leadership initiative for Impartner, which is comprised of international channel strategists. As a key steward of the group, develop and manage editorial calendars, manage content production, lead the communications strategy for the group to drive leadership visibility for Impartner and CCAB members, scheduling meetings and logistics.
· Manage the company’s extensive presence and sponsorship of virtual and physical tradeshows and events worldwide, including our yearly customer conference. Work includes all aspects of event production such as show and sponsorship evaluation; booth production and execution; venue selection; content curation, speaker selection and prepping; staffing and coordination; event technology management; schwag selection; coordination with the total marketing team to develop event marketing and nurturing strategies, and metrics creation and monitoring to ensure ROI. (Events more digital for now, more physical events mixed back in as vaccines take effect).
- Write press releases and develop launch strategies and materials for new products, acquisitions, etc.
- Build media relationships and secure press coverage and thought leadership opportunities for leaders within our organization.
- Track key industry analysts and coordinate analyst briefings and prep for inquiries and briefings
- Author, ghost write and edit blog content, articles, and other short- and long-form content.
- Monitor and influence the company’s presence on all key rating sites such as G2 Crowd and develop strategies and processes to keep the company’s scores visibility to the leadership team and progressive
- Monitor and submit for all major award submissions internationally, continuing the companies award winning streak
- Maintain internal and external content and communications calendars and editorial calendars
Here’s what will make you a standout candidate for this role:
- 5+ years of relevant communications, content creation and event experience. Agency experience preferred.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism (a bonus).
- Experience with different writing styles (marketing copywriting, press content, short-form or long-form).
- Product and/or content marketing experience
- Working knowledge of demand generation and lead generation strategies, processes and tactics
- Familiarity with and a general tech aptitude and appetite to use and understand general marketing, communications, and business tools and systems such as CRMS, email marketing solutions, ABM tools, etc.
- High business acumen combined with a passion for business story telling – no matter what the medium – collateral, events, interviews, etc.
- Ability to “lead sideways” and get cross functional teams onboard and in action, regardless of reporting relationship
- Ferocious attention to detail and a willingness to sink your teeth into a project until it’s both beautifully crafted and sets us apart in the market
- A rapid and consistent follow up style that continually inspires confidence
- Infectious and positive energy and a collaborative spirt, that adds to and brings out the best in the collective marketing team
- A curious nature, that’s always looking at better, more efficient ways to do things (technology and/or process), and continually helps keep the work on the edge of industry best practices and technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and is required to travel occasionally unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position
At Impartner, we value inclusion and embrace diversity. Impartner is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Impartner prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.