Impartner is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented General Ledger Accounting Manager to join our accounting team. This position reports directly to our Controller.
Who you are:
- You have a high level of personal and professional integrity – your responsibilities will include access to highly sensitive and confidential information.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You have great attention to detail and document your work thoroughly.
- You assume full responsibility for your work – owning the successes and failures while consistently seeking to improve.
- You are research-minded and pro-actively resolve accounting issues to strategically drive the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and best practices.
- You can perform ad-hoc analyses as necessary to help identify and solve business problems.
- You have the capability to examine current processes and collaborate effectively to make suggestions which improve efficiency and accuracy.
- You actively seek internal and external feedback and education for developing and deploying best practices.
- You are driven to learn more about your role and interested in professional development and advancement.
- You draw upon previous experiences to effect change and implement new systems and processes.
- You work well independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
- You see projects through to the end, managing them successfully to completion.
- You are interested in learning about the Company’s operations and how they impact the accounting results.
What you bring to the table:
- You have 3+ years public accounting experience, with 5+ years corporate accounting experience (previous SaaS experience strongly preferred).
- You have strong Excel skills and can perform complicated analyses on data from various sources.
- You have excellent time-management and organization skills.
- You have working knowledge of current and pending accounting pronouncements and US GAAP, especially related to ASC 350, ASC 606, ASC 842, ASC 718 and others as appropriate.
- You have experience with Sage Intacct or similar types of mid-level GL/ERP accounting applications.
- You have experience with international tax and related reporting requirements.
- You have an active CPA license.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closings and reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage month-end close process and procedures, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and financial statements
- Coordinate with international accounting groups to support foreign statutory compliance (financial reporting and tax-related compliance)
- Understand and manage capitalized software development cost accounting
- Participate in valuation and financing activities as necessary
- Work cross-functionally to provide support to other departments within the Company
- Additional areas of accounting responsibility may be assigned as needed, including tax compliance (e.g. sales/use tax, VAT, property taxes), fixed asset management, goodwill and finite-lived intangible assets accounting and impairment testing, share-based compensation and equity accounting
Impartner is a privately held rapidly growing SaaS technology innovator located in Utah's thriving Silicon Slopes area. We deliver the industry’s most complete SaaS-based Channel Management Platform, helping companies worldwide manage their partner relationships and accelerate revenue and profitability through indirect sales channels. Impartner’s flagship Partner Relationship Management (PRM) solution is the industry’s most award-winning PRM technology and one of the industry’s only turnkey solutions that can deploy a world-class Partner Portal in as few as 14 days.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. At certain times of the year – such as quarter-end and year-end reporting periods, may be required to put in extra hours to meet important deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and is required to travel unless otherwise specified in the job description.
At Impartner, we value inclusion and embrace diversity. Impartner is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Impartner prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.