POSITION/JOB TITLE: Director of Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: November 16, 2020
Fast-growing private SaaS company is seeking a dynamic and engaging Director of Human Resources to run its Human Resources function.
Impartner is looking for an HR Director to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes. The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The HR Director is the go-to person for all employee-related issues and manages activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management. The HR Director promotes Impartner’s established corporate values and helps shape a positive culture.
Initially, this role will start as an individual contributor. The HR Director and Chief Financial Officer will work together to plan and build a Human Resources department to meet the Company’s needs.
At Impartner, we believe our people are our most precious assets. Consequently, this role is critical to Impartner’s business success and we are looking for someone who will have a significant impact on our organization and culture. If you are passionate about HR and are the type of person who wants to make a difference, this role is perfect for you.
• Collaborate with and advise Impartner’s senior leadership to understand how the organization’s goals and strategy are to be achieved by applying best practices in staffing, recruiting, and retention.
• Plan, develop, implement and lead policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
• Administer or oversee the administration of Impartner’s worldwide human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
• Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
• Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Develop and implement departmental budgets, assist with development and management of the company-wide staffing strategy and advise senior leadership team on best strategies for meeting each function’s human resource needs.
• Facilitate company-wide professional development, training, and certification activities.
• Develop and promote programs focused on building a positive and collaborative culture.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least five years of human resource management experience required.
• Experience working with foreign payroll service providers and foreign entity payroll
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
HR Chops and required skills:
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems; Solid understand of best ways to utilize technology to manage the corporate HR function; experience with HR system implementation.
Attributes of the Successful Candidate
Integrity: Unquestioned personal and professional integrity, a reputation for excellence and setting a high ethical standard; Appreciation for and ability to professionally assume responsibility for highly sensitive and confidential information
Manage Work Processes: Designs effective and efficient work processes and systems. Figures out what to measure to track progress. Ability to evaluate processes, seek out and implement internal or external best practices, diagnose and fixes workflow problems and always looks for incremental process improvement. Continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
Relationships and Interpersonal Skills: Possesses high emotional intelligence. Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels across the organization. Highly collaborative and supports open and transparent dialogue throughout the organization. Collaborative team player with a can-do attitude, balanced with the ability to gracefully communicate difficult messages. Comfortable working with all levels of business professionals, including senior management and international colleagues located in different time zones.
Impartner is a privately held rapidly growing SaaS technology innovator located in Utah's thriving Silicon Slopes area. We deliver the industry’s most complete SaaS-based Channel Management Platform, helping companies worldwide manage their partner relationships and accelerate revenue and profitability through indirect sales channels. Impartner’s flagship Partner Relationship Management (PRM) solution is the industry’s most award-winning PRM technology and one of the industry’s only turnkey solutions that can deploy a world-class Partner Portal in as few as 14 days.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and is required to travel occasionally unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
At Impartner, we value inclusion and embrace diversity. Impartner is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Impartner prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.