Position / Job Title: Corporate Controller
Location: Impartner HQ (South Jordan, UT)
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Approved / Revised Date: February 1, 2021
Fast-growing private SaaS company is seeking a dynamic and engaging Accounting and Finance professional to lead its Accounting and Finance function.
Impartner is seeking a dynamic and engaging Corporate Controller experienced with Subscription SaaS enterprise business model and well-versed in a broad range of related finance and accounting areas to join our team in South Jordan, Utah. This is an important role at the Company, and it reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
The successful candidate for the Corporate Controller position will be an integral member of the senior finance team, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The position is responsible for generating timely and accurate consolidated financial statements, internal and external financial reporting, compliance with accounting policies and procedures, assisting in M&A activity, managing and developing appropriate internal controls, and maintaining compliance with US GAAP and other regulations. The Corporate Controller will also be actively involved in annual budgeting and strategic planning.
Impartner has a great track record of successful growth, values its people and has an experienced leadership team. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, this role is for you.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Day-to-day leadership and management of the corporate accounting and finance functions
- Manage and mentor team managers and staff in Accounting organization (currently a team of 5)
- Organize, direct and control general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and international consolidations
- Monitor and research changes in US GAAP reporting requirements and implement changes as appropriate
- Analytic review of preliminary financial results for possible adjustments
- Develop and maintain operating and strategic plans, goals and objectives to help ensure continued business growth and operational effectiveness
- Implement best practices in cost control and develop solutions to contain and manage expenses
- Perform the accounting for technical and complex transactions including revenue recognition, purchase accounting, equity, share-based compensation, impairment analysis and others
- Assist with merger and acquisition activity, including due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- Cash forecasting and planning
- Bank and treasury management
- Budgeting and business planning
- Develop and maintain best practices in accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the company’s relationship with the external auditors, as well as manage the annual audit
- Assist in the review, procurement and maintenance of corporate insurance programs
- Report and present financial and operating performance metrics to executive management team.
Required Qualifications / Accounting Chops:
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent, M.S. in Accounting preferred
- CPA license required
- 10+ years of related financial experience, minimum of three year performed in a Controller or similar role
- Public accounting experience required, Big Four highly preferred
- Experienced in multi-entity, multi-currency consolidations
- Experienced in B2B SaaS business model
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, technical accounting proficiency in relevant area for private SaaS companies especially in, but not limited to Revenue Recognition (ASC 606), Capitalized Software Development (ASC 985), Stock-based compensation (ASC 718)
- Well-developed financial analysis capabilities
- Experience working with venture capital- or private equity-backed companies highly preferred
- Strong ERP system experience; proficiency with Sage Intacct highly preferred
- Expert in Excel, Powerpoint and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Exceptional team management skills
Attributes of the successful candidate:
Integrity: Unquestioned personal and professional integrity, a reputation for excellence and setting a high ethical standard for performance; Brings gravitas and a well-articulated set of core values and expected behavior and holds others to the same standards; Appreciation and ability to professionally assume responsibility for highly-sensitive and confidential information
Executes for Results: Committed to excellence and able to drive results in the organization. Able to prioritize and relentlessly follows through on commitments despite difficulties or complications. A strong business partner to line leaders in the organization. Resourceful in nature, and consistently provides practical and creative solutions to business and legal challenges. Demonstrates high attention to detail and extraordinary problem-solving ability. Possesses effective time management, organization and prioritizing skills; Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables and meet deadlines. Ability to make decisions and prioritize effectively while maintaining the highest standards for completeness and accuracy. Innovative and disciplined thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for success in a fast-paced, growing environment.
Manage Work Processes: Designs effective and efficient work processes and systems. Figures out what to measure to track progress. Ability to evaluate processes, seek out and implement internal or external best practices, diagnose and fixes workflow problems and always looks for incremental process improvement. Continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
Relationships and Interpersonal Skills: Possesses high emotional intelligence. Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels across the organization. Highly collaborative and supports open and transparent dialogue throughout the organization. Collaborative team player with a can-do attitude, balanced with the ability to gracefully communicate difficult messages. Comfortable working with all levels of business professionals, including senior management and international colleagues located in different time zones.
Effective Communicator: Writes and presents effectively. Adjusts style to fit the audience and the message; Good listener, demonstrates open and honest communication with the team, respects ideas and opinions; Shows strong business acumen; Able to navigate negotiations with customers or vendors directly and independently. Comfortable advising top management on issues relating to financial and accounting implications of alternative deal structures. Articulate professional, possessing excellent verbal communication skills; Demonstrated ability to simply communicate complex financial concepts and their practical implications to stakeholders across the organization.
Impartner is a privately held rapidly growing SaaS technology innovator located in Utah's thriving Silicon Slopes area. We deliver the industry’s most complete SaaS-based Channel Management Platform, helping companies worldwide manage their partner relationships and accelerate revenue and profitability through indirect sales channels. Impartner’s flagship Partner Relationship Management (PRM) solution is the industry’s most award-winning PRM technology and one of the industry’s only turnkey solutions that can deploy a world-class Partner Portal in as few as 14 days.
Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. At certain times of the year – such as quarter-end and year-end reporting periods, may be required to put in extra hours to meet important deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and is required to travel unless otherwise specified in the job description.
At Impartner, we value inclusion and embrace diversity. Impartner is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Impartner prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.