We are looking for a passionate engineer leader
Your passion is important to us. As a startup that is backed by investors who helped build LinkedIn, AirBnB, WhatsApp, and Stripe, we believe that sharing common passion is the only way to assemble an A-level team and to be able to reach our ambitions.
In addition to the passion in software engineering, we're looking for an engineer who is enthusiastic in the Education domain. Our ideal candidate would have a strong interest in building a tech product to help young generations have better preparation to join the global workforce.
Why should you not miss this opportunity?
Virtual Internships offers a very flexible working environment. We believe that you will deliver the best results while working on your own schedule. We trust and value your contributions based on the final outcomes, and not on the traditional 9-to-5 schedule.
VI is deeply immersed in the startup culture: we move fast and rely on engineers to make decisions on how to build products in the way you want it. Our team is young, ambitious, and loves to work in a fast growing international environment.
What’s interesting about this role?
- You will build an engineering team from scratch.
- As the leader and the first member of the team, you will train and coach your members so that they can grow in their career pathway.
- The team should not exceed 5 members in total, including roles such as front end, back end and an QC engineer.
- You will work directly with our CTO and Product Managers to design solutions that potentially impact millions of customers.
Your career growth opportunities in Virtual Internships
Working in Virtual Internship will give you unprecedented opportunities to develop your career to the next level. You will have regular one-on-one coaching and mentoring from our CTO on skills that you feel missing. You will be encouraged to work in the broad scope of your job and to grow your skills in areas that benefit you the most.
Our company culture prides itself in internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our division leaders have risen through the company - including COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience, Head of Company Development, Head of Intern Experience
Skills You Will Need
- Experience working in a Startup environment: “thriving in chaos, but working towards structure”
- More than 5 years of working experience, of which 3 or more years of experience in NodeJS and TypeScript. Experienced with NestJS, GraphQL will be an advantage.
- Comprehensive experience in backend API development: system design, database, ORM, message queue, scaling, docker & k8s.
- Previously experience with PHP Laravel will be considered a big plus.
- Having exposure to front end development with React, NextJS will be a plus.
- Has led a small team of engineers working in Scrum with PO/PM, QC.
- Has experience with AWS (EKS, SES, SQS, RDS), Gitlab CI and k8s.
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate
- Always find a way
- Dare to be different
- Dare to be challenged
- Action orientated: better to make a reversible bad decision than no decision at all
Some Basic Requirements
- Already based in Vietnam OR working remotely (ideally within +/-2 hours of Vietnam timezone)
- Good in English communication
- Apply via our Careers Page: https://www.virtualinternships.com/careers
- Screening Skype/Google Meets call.
- Take home assignments.
- Interview 1-on-1 with our CTO.
||14 Sep 2021
Share Job Opening