Ulfix is a growing global software factory, providing web and mobile development for more than 15 years. We are an agile and DevOps organization, appraised as CMMI V2.0 Level 3. We supply the software development market in North America and Europe. Our strength is our specific approach in software continuous delivery and rapid prototyping.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
Our team of 30+ professionals is distributed across our office in Mexico City. Additionally, many of our team members who aren’t located near our office, work remotely. We provide a highly competitive compensation and benefits package with health insurance, paid time off, etc.
If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging and rapidly-growing software factory, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for Ulfix's clients.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
- Complete one or two week(s) sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
- Interface with clients via Mattemost, Zoom, and email.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Backlog, Mattermost, GitHub, Bitbucket, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to general process.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Forensic attention to detail.
- English Skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Android Studio
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha is desireable
- Experience working with Expo
- You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
We’re a medium-sized team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation with PTO, medical insurance, flexible work schedules, 100% home office, and more.