You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including collecting patient information, issuing medical files, filing medical records, and processing patient admissions and discharge papers.
Medical Records Clerk Responsibilities:
- Gathering patient demographic and personal information.
- Issuing medical files to persons and agencies according to laws and regulations.
- Helping with departmental audits and investigations.
- Distributing medical charts to the appropriate departments of the hospital.
- Maintaining quality and accurate records by following hospital procedures.
- Ensuring patient charts, paperwork, and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring that all medical records are protected and kept confidential.
- Filing all patients' medical records and information.
- Supplying the nursing department with the appropriate documents and forms.
- Completing clerical duties, including answering phones, responding to emails, and processing patient admission and discharge records.
Medical Records Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology and administration processes.
- Proficient in information management programs and MS Office.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.