Hi, we're a JC-based startup full of ambitious food lovers who want to make an impact on how food brands get discovered and sold.
Our BtoB wholesale platform is working from a simple premise. On one side, local and healthier food brands are exploding, yet they struggle to get discovered by consumers. On the other side, local retail is exploding and has a huge amount of underused shelf space for the right food products. Yet why is wholesale today so complicated for everyone? This opportunity to connect the right brands, with the right retail at the right time is the win-win model we are building. And by doing so our purpose is to help consumers eat better, entrepreneurs grow their brands, retail owners grow their business.
You can help us do just that! We're looking for a Lead Developer to take ownership of our engineering. We are poised for significant growth, and you'll have a major impact on setting the stage for this acceleration - helping us build a revolutionary way to purchase & sell food brands.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Together with the CEO and the CGO, you will shape the company’s executive team and help drive its strategy.
- Build a product that includes Ecommerce, Web, Mobile, and Machine Learning.
- Define, articulate, and execute engineering strategy from launch to scale.
- Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact.
- Build the WebOps systems and processes required for testing, trials, commercial launch, and beyond.
- Anticipate future needs to design and implement an evolutive product providing flawless users experience for both communities of the marketplace.
- Build progressively a team of data scientists, engineers; inspire and coach them to build the future.
- Constantly evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement.
- Implement best practice coding methodologies and tools throughout the organization.
- Ensure fast scalability of the tools to support and even nourish our growth.
Find us @ thegoodtrends.com.
What we offer
- You're a software passionate who equally enjoys writing excellent code, leading and growing a team, and architecting robust, maintainable systems. Perhaps you're stronger in one area than another—that's OK. There are many paths to success in this role.
- You are a full stack dev having worked in Python/Django and React for at least 1-2 years, and your AWS experience goes beyond S3. You know your way around the terminal, and you have at least 4-6 years of software engineering experience and a strong 2-3 year track record of leading teams on successful projects and mentoring engineers in their career growth. We'd love to hear about a time you've grown a junior engineer into a top performer.
- You're also pragmatic and focused on the 80/20. We're a startup, and that requires choosing our priorities wisely to fuel the customer experiences that will drive our growth.
- Most importantly, you thrive in a collaborative & energic environment. You like speed and fast learning. You have an awesome self-drive. You value transparency and ownership. You don’t like status quo.
- You communicate clearly, listen with an open mind, and give feedback humanely. You know that everyone on the team has an important role to play Every team member is making his / her best to achieve the same mission: build the future of local and healthier food wholesale.
- Collaborative work environment
- Meaningful impact and opportunity for career growth
- Tasting a lot of cool and innovative food brands
- Awesome team outings
- Be one of the key contributor to a new business
, United States
||10 Sep 2019
Share Job Opening