Accounts / Finance Manager - Team Leadership and Financial Operations
Location: Manchester, UK
Salary: Competitive Salary (£30,000 per annum) + Benefits
Annual Leave: 22 days (increasing by 1 day per year, up to an additional 3 days)
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (with a 30-minute lunch break)
Position Type: Office-based role in a vibrant and supportive team environment
Are you a dedicated and experienced Finance Manager with a strong background in team leadership and financial operations? Our client, a dynamic and thriving company based in Whitefield Manchester, UK, is actively seeking a Finance Manager to lead their finance department. This pivotal role offers an exciting opportunity for career advancement within a growing organisation.
As the Finance Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. Your responsibilities will include providing strong leadership to a diverse finance team, managing various financial activities such as commission payment processing, ledger management, credit control, reporting, and more. Your contributions will be instrumental in ensuring the financial stability and growth of our client's organisation.
1. Team Leadership:
- Lead, supervise, and mentor the finance team to ensure optimal performance and foster professional development.
2. Financial Operations:
- Manage sales and purchase ledger activities, commission payments, accounts receivable, and maintain precise financial records.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, cashflow forecasts, and group VAT returns while promptly addressing any discrepancies.
- Effectively liaise with internal teams, suppliers, customers, and third-party vendors to manage obligations and resolve inquiries.
5. Financial Control:
- Reconcile bank statements, intercompany accounts, and various control accounts to maintain financial accuracy.
6. Stock Control:
- Oversee stock levels and optimise inventory control processes.
7. Software Proficiency:
- Utilise Xero and Microsoft Office, especially Excel, to streamline financial operations.
- Leverage your management experience to motivate the team and ensure efficient departmental performance.
9. Adherence to Regulations:
- Ensure strict compliance with relevant financial regulations and industry standards.
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent (Qualified by Experience - QBE).
- Previous experience in a professional office environment.
- Essential proficiency in Xero.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and confident telephone etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Essential management experience.
If you are a motivated Finance Manager with the necessary skills and experience to excel in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply. To express your interest in this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV. Our client is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Join our client's team and contribute to their financial success today!
, United Kingdom
||18 Sep 2023
Share Job Opening