A Scientist/Junior Faculty position is available at the Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation (TIBI) for outstanding candidates. The applicant should have PhD /MD, PhD degrees with completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of cancer biology.
The candidate has to have experience in cancer biology, immunology and preclinical/clinical tumor treatment. The job will include studying the therapeutic properties and molecular biological /immunological mechanisms of new nano immunodrugs, which will be optimized for clinical efficacy to treat brain and breast tumors under the direction of Dr. Julia Ljubimova at Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation. The candidate should know the basic principles of molecular, immunological and cell biology methods. The projects are funded by multiple NIH/NCI, R01 grants. Salary is commensurate with the experience.
Duties will include:
- Participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and compile data.
- May lead or train Research Associates and Research Fellows.
- Appointees on an academic trajectory will be expected to commit a portion of their time to developing an independent range of research.
- May prepare grant proposals, write publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- PhD or MD/PhD in Cancer/Neuro/Biological Sciences or equivalent degree.
Please include the following documents into ONE DOC, DOCX, or PDF File:
- Minimum of 3 years as a post-doctoral fellow in cancer/neurobiology.
- Completion of postdoctoral appointment in biology, preferred
- Knowledge of PI’s area of research specialization.
- Demonstrated technical competency in a variety of research techniques and protocols including molecular, immunological and cell biology methods.
- Demonstrated significant, original, and creative contributions to a research or creative program or project.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others, and able to multitask.
Research statement, including a brief summary of previous research experiences, along with motivation and specific fit for the mission of the Institute. Suggested length: 1-3 pages Curriculum Vitae
Names and contact information for a minimum of three references
*Terasaki Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
, United States
||21 Jan 2021
Share Job Opening