A scientific position as Post-doctoral scientists/Scientist at the Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation (TIBI) in the chemical synthesis of multifunctional nano-imaging and nano-therapeutics drugs on polymer basis is currently open. The applicant should have PhD degree in chemistry/pharmaceutical chemistry.
The research activities will include the synthesis with new development and characterisation of polymeric-based drugs with optimized pre-clinical efficacy in the field of immune regulation to treat cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease at TIBI Los Angeles, USA. Most up to date analytical investigations will be employed to demonstrate composition/structure of novel drug vehicles, including cell and cell-free experiments to validate models in their mechanistic background of drug delivery functions. The chemist will work together with biologist and tissues engineers on a daily basis. This project is funded by several R01 NIH grants. Salary upon the experience.
Duties will include:
- Prepare publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and compile data.
- May lead or train Research Associates and Research Fellows.
- Appointees on an academic trajectory will be expected to commit a portion of their time to developing an independent range of research.
- May prepare grant proposals, write publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- PhD in Chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, or equivalent professional experience.
Please include the following documents into ONE DOC, DOCX, or PDF File:
- PhD degree in synthetic chemistry/polymeric chemistry/pharmacology.
- Knowledge of PI’s area of research specialization.
- Demonstrated competence in a variety of research techniques and protocols including knowledge in analytical chemistry, immunology, molecular and cell biology.
- Demonstrated significant original and creative contributions to one or more research project or creative program.
Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent and detail-oriented skills in organization; learns new tasks quickly and has ability to multitasks; self-motivated; works well independently.
Research statement, including a brief summary of previous research experiences, along with motivation and specific fit for the mission of the Institute. Suggested length: 1-3 pages
Names and contact information for a minimum of three references
*Terasaki Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
, United States
||21 Jan 2021
Share Job Opening