Reports To: Amy Waterman, Deputy Director
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of the Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation (TIBI), the postdoctoral researcher will be responsible for leading independent and original research that impacts the field of kidney transplantation as well as supporting the statistical progress and analyses of current research studies.
Ideal candidates will have earned a PhD in Psychology, Public Health, Statistics, Economics, Public Policy or Sociology with strong quantitative training and skills, history of publications, and interest in transplantation, improving health outcomes, reducing disparities, conducting dissemination and implementation research, and affecting public policy nationally. The research results will be published in technical reports, open-source software, peer-reviewed journals as well as presented at national and international scientific conferences. Ideal candidates will have experience and interests in building community, teaching and training, and leadership with strong communication skills.
- Design and implement research protocols for novel studies
- Supervise other personnel to coordinate research efforts for increased efficiency; participate in training of fellows, staff, students and volunteer workers as needed.
- Manipulate and clean datasets collected as part of multiple research studies using R, SAS or other software
- Prepare tables and figures for reports, papers, and presentations
- Assist with development and copyediting of manuscripts, abstracts, editorial reviews and journal publications
- Request, manage, manipulate, and analyze large, national organ transplant datasets (e.g. SRTR, UNOS, USRDS)
- Assist with review of qualitative data such as reviewing and coding focus group and interview transcripts for themes using qualitative software
- Assist with preparation and submission of grants and grant reports
· Compile research briefings under the direction of TREC’s deputy director
· Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to craft grant and award proposals
- Draft and edit general data correspondence as needed
· Recent PhD in Public Health, Psychology, Economics, Public Policy, Communication, Data Science, Education or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of work experience and education (required)
· Previous experience with scientific and medical writing required
· Previous experience with publishing and authoring medical and scientific journal articles preferred
· Proficient in the use of statistical computing software. SAS or R is required. Stata, SPSS, or other familiarity is desired
· Design, implementation and maintenance of diverse databases collected over time for research purposes, including acquisition, editing and reporting
· Demonstrated knowledge of all components the research process as it pertains to research studies, i.e., IRB procedures and processes, data management and cleaning strategies, use of standardized surveys, etc.
· Impeccable grammatical skills required, type at least 80 wpm
· Medical/health research experience, knowledge of randomized controlled trials and epidemiological studies preferred
· Demonstrated attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and manage project timelines as well as ability to work independently and set priorities that advance TREC's mission and visibility
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple job tasks
· Demonstrated ability to write analytical and administrative reports and correspondence, which are clear, concise, logical and appropriate for a variety of audiences
· Experience using reference software such as EndNote
· Flexibility to respond effectively to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please submit an application through https://external.terasaki.org/careers
Please include the following documents into ONE DOC, DOCX, or PDF File:
Research statement, including a brief summary of previous research experiences, along with motivation and specific fit for the mission of the Institute. Suggested length: 1-3 pages
Names and contact information for a minimum of three references
*Terasaki Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.