We are looking for an HR Manager to lead our HR initiatives. You will take ownership of all HR matters across the institute from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, and learning and development. To perform well in this role, you should have experience as an HR Manager, or other senior roles in the HR team, and knowledge around all legal requirements in this role.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
● Consistently recruiting excellent staff.
● Maintaining a smooth onboarding process.
● Coordinate visa processing with outside agencies
● Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
● Training, counseling, and coaching our staff.
● Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
● Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
● Conducting performance and wage reviews.
● Creating clear and concise reports.
● Giving helpful and engaging presentations.
● Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
● Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures.
● Maintaining employee and workplace privacy.
HR Manager Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience in human resources or related field.
● Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
● Experience in tech startup, academic or research institute setting
● Experience in educating and coaching staff.
● Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations.
● Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
● Ability to give presentations.
● Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
● Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
● Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
● Strong technical and writing to provide excellent documentation processes, business rules, and requirements, etc.
● Strong project planning skills to ensure clear roles, responsibilities, and accountability for interdependent and complex project deliverables
● Ability to manage stakeholders at the organizational and individual level to influence the alignment of goals and actions and implement solutions that improve systems, practices, and collaboration
● Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills so that individual and organizational relationships are maintained through transparency, consistency, and shared responsibility for the goals and intended outcomes of the work.
● Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills—this position will require regular presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
● Flexibility, agility, and competence in working simultaneously across multiple projects, partnerships, and teams. Project management experience or training is preferred.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
● Sound Judgment
Please include your resume in one of the following formats: DOC, DOCX, or PDF File
*Terasaki Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.