· JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES -- Performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
· Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
· Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
· Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
· Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
· Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
· Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
· Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
· Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
· Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
· Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
· Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
· Knowledgeable on the following instrumentation systems (PCM, 1553 data bus, telemetry, video and data acquisition and recording systems, power and control interfaces, IRIG, GPS, and packaging).
· Capable of working independently and within a team environment, interacting with different engineering fields (Mech; Elec; Aero).
· Provide technical direction to engineers, model makers, and electrical technicians for instrumentation hardware buildup and installation.
· Prepare and maintain instrumentation configuration control documentation and modification packages.
· Develop, issue, and verify aircraft instrumentation checkout procedures. Ability to create and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for hardware installation, troubleshooting and checkouts.
· Complete understanding of analog and digital electronic principles. Understand parameter calibration and raw data to engineering unit conversions. Working knowledge of Personal Computers using word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, theory of constraints, and databases.
MUST HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related engineering experience
· Master of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience
· Accredited doctoral degree in Engineering. The incumbent must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to the specific programs.
REQUIREMENTS, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
· The incumbent must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills.
· The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
· Must qualify for and maintain a Security Clearance.
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Must possess a valid, state issued driver's license.