QuEra Computing Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer to develop control software interfacing with the many bits and pieces of our quantum computer. The Software Engineer will work at the intersection of the higher-level software stack and quantum control hardware. The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working on a small, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team where independent work and clear communication are equally valued.
· Design, implement, and execute low-level development of the control system of QuEra’s quantum computers.
· Work collaboratively with scientists and hardware engineers to build software tools for a cutting-edge research environment.
· Identify bottlenecks, improve performance.
· Interface new hardware to the control system.
· Debug, solve system-level issues.
· Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to define platform-level technologies.
· Prototype innovative ideas and designs.
· Expert knowledge of modern C++ programming
· Expert knowledge of Python programming
· Software development methodologies and paradigms
· Linux kernel device driver development experience
· Familiarity with GPU programming
· Basic understanding of hardware communication (e.g. UART, SPI, etc.)
· Outstanding communication skills
· 5+ years of industry experience preferred
· BS/MS in computer science or equivalent field