QuEra is seeking an experienced engineering team lead to direct development of its commercial quantum computing engines. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in directing heterogeneous teams of engineers and taking products from concept and proof-of-principle to commercial reality. They will be responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing engineering strategies for this effort, as well as directing daily operational aspects of the engineering teams. Ideal candidates should be comfortable working in fast-moving multidisciplinary environments including electrical, optical, mechanical, software and systems engineers, and in interfacing with research and development science teams to identify appropriate product pathways. Deeper experience and training in one or more of the relevant technical focus areas below is strongly preferred, but all candidates will be considered.
Candidates should have
· A degree in an engineering field or related discipline, and business experience or an MBA
· Broad familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines, including electrical, optical, software and mechanical,
· 5+ years of experience building and managing multidisciplinary teams and a talent for growing leaders,
· An eagerness to work in an early-stage technology-transfer environment, and
· A track record of making successful multi-disciplinary products from proof-of-concept to defining requirements and ultimately to successful product launch.
Job responsibilities will include
· Leading QuEra’s hardware, integration and operational engineering strategies,
· Monitoring reliability and performance of existing quantum computing systems to improve performance,
· Leading multi-functional efforts to expand our rapid production capabilities,
· Communicating strategy goals and progress to internal and external parties,
· Establishing an environment of innovation, trust, and excellence within our organization.