QuEra Computing is seeking talented, impact-motivated theoretical researchers with strong expertise in quantum chemistry. You will be part of the team to develop and implement novel schemes for performing quantum chemistry calculations on our unique hardware. You will have the opportunity to work with a vibrant community of academic collaborators and to help our growing team of diverse experts to address fascinating challenges, from the development of new quantum algorithms for challenging chemistry and material science problems, to the co-design of algorithms and hardware with our unique Rydberg atom quantum computer with long-range connectivity, and finally to the implementation of these algorithms on large-scale quantum devices. You will also have the opportunity to interact with clients and develop solutions based on their needs.
For this role, qualified applicants should have
- A PhD degree in chemistry, material science, physics, computer science, or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience,
- A background in computational chemistry,
- Basic knowledge in quantum computing,
- An exceptional publication record in relevant fields, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Deep knowledge of state-of-the-art computational chemistry methods,
- Experience applying computational chemistry techniques to solve practical problems,
- Experience estimating and optimizing resource costs for quantum computing, in either the NISQ or fault-tolerant regime, and
- Experience with software development and high performance computing.
, United States
||25 May 2022
Share Job Opening