Commercially applicable quantum computers will require the scaling of performance, channel count, and control of qubits — and for neutral atom computers that means individual control of many laser beams. As a photonics engineer at QuEra, you will have the opportunity to shape the answer to this challenge by developing photonic integrated circuits for implementing truly scalable quantum control. You will work closely with a small multidisciplinary team of fellow scientists, engineers, and developers in a motivating and mission-driven environment. Familiarity with quantum computing is not necessary for this position, but candidates should enjoy solving challenges in this area through creativity, process iteration, and self-directed work. Ideal candidates will likely have experience across the full stack of PIC development from designing, testing, integrating, and iterating at the cutting edge of applications, such as quantum computing, sensing, telecom, LIDAR, or photonic computing.
Candidates should have
- Industry experience or an advanced degree in physics, electrical engineering or a related discipline
- A record of accomplishment in optics and integrated photonics, for example, through journal publications, patents, or product development cycles.
- Expertise in standard electromagnetic design tools (e.g., Lumerical FDTD, Meep, COMSOL etc)
- Expertise with free-space optics, fiber optics, integrated photonics
- Communication skills: highest ability to explain basic physical concepts, design decisions and experimental results
Preferred qualifications include
- Experience with application-driven R&D and product development cycles
- Experience driving PIC platform, material, and toolkit development in concert with fabrication facilities/foundries and understanding of fabrication concepts.
- In the context of integrated photonics, one or more expertise in: nano-optics, acousto-optics, electro-optics, nonlinear optics, optical packaging, electronic-photonic integration
, United States
||08 Jul 2022
Share Job Opening