QuEra Computing is seeking optical test engineers to join our growing team and help create the world’s largest and first commercially relevant quantum computing platform. As an optical test engineer here, you will work closely with a team of engineers and scientists to develop various optical platforms including free-space optics, fiber optics, and integrated photonics. Candidates should be able to independently handle optics, assemble optical systems, and characterize their performance. While familiarity with quantum computing is not required for this position, candidates should display a deep interest in developing quantum technologies and be self-motivated in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Candidates should have
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, physics, or a related discipline, or industry experience in optics
- Hands-on experience with free-space and fiber optic devices and systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Communication skills: highest ability to explain basic physical concepts, design decisions, and experimental results
Preferred qualifications include
- A record of innovation in optics, for example through journal publications, patents, or product development cycles
- Hands-on experience with integrated photonics
- Expertise with optomechanical design and optical design software such as Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, Zemax, COMSOL, etc.
, United States
||08 Jul 2022
Share Job Opening