We build software to revolutionize automated retail. We are a team that is highly passionate and enthusiastic about creating truly innovative ideas and developments that can help the business stand out against competitors in the greater industry. We are a small team where hard work, creative thinking, and tenacity are worth a whole lot. Everything you do will make a difference. You will directly contribute to the creation and growth of the business culture, offering ideas and practices that can help shape the working philosophy of the company.
As the Head of Product, we want you to bring your own ideas to the table with product roadmaps and your technical vision to help us grow our company. We are looking for an experienced product manager who loves getting their hands dirty and building new experiences and products. This role is very hands on and this leader will be willing to get their hands dirty and be in the trenches with the team.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with our founding team on product vision, strategy, development and own execution.
- Serve as a thought partner to other executives in delivering our high-level company objectives. In the next year, this will involve significant thinking on pricing, packaging, positioning, and go-to-market support.
- Define a minimal and standard set of product metrics to understand the health of the customer/expert experience.
- Create, manage, and deliver a rolling annual product roadmap.
- Create sustainable practices to manage projects and launch products.
- User research - Spend time with our customers and become an expert in their needs through qualitative user interviews and surveys
- Cross functional work - Work with product and engineering on scoping, task management, implementation, and follow up after launch.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders including support and compliance to ensure smooth delivery of new features.
- Spec writing and documentation - think deeply about how product features should work and document these thoughts via specs with thorough coverage of edge cases.
- Prioritization - help determine what projects we should work on, why they are important, how they should work, and how they should be prioritized
- Culture - Hold a high bar for product quality and help enforce it across the company
Who You Are
- Experience working in a startup or high growth company
- You have 6+ years of product-related experience and multiple years of experience managing product managers.
- Experience of having successfully launched a product within a consumer tech company, working closely with engineers.
- An outstanding leader with a strong track record of successfully delivering Product strategy and transformation within customer centric and commercially minded business
- A transformational leader with proven management skills and the ability to inspire a culture of innovation. Evidence of developing and nurturing high performing teams.
- Ownership mindset - caring about seeing features through from start to finish
- Experience having scaled the Product org in an operations-driven company
- Love big, complex problems and can translate ambiguous challenges into clear strategies.
What We Bring To The Table
- Generous and flexible time off policy
- Monthly health & wellness reimbursement
- A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
- With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely permanently, PopCom employees are able to work from anywhere! (occasional travel to our HQ in Columbus, OH is likely)
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. PopCom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||28 Oct 2020
Share Job Opening