We build software to revolutionize automated retail. We are a team that is highly passionate and enthusiastic about creating truly innovative ideas and developments that can help the business stand out against competitors in the greater industry. We are a small team where hard work, creative thinking, and tenacity are worth a whole lot. Everything you do will make a difference. You will directly contribute to the creation and growth of the business culture, offering ideas and practices that can help shape the working philosophy of the company.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an VP of Engineering looking to take the next step in their career. As the most senior technology leader at the company, you will be responsible for all technology strategies, systems, processes, software design/development, and team structure. This role will be hands on! We’re looking for someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and be in the trenches with the team. This role is critical to accelerating product development and scaling operations as part of our hyper growth.
What You Will Do
- Contribute and advise the company's current technical vision and drive/manage all aspects of the company's technological development based on your own experience or actionable means.
- Scale and manage the technical infrastructure and operations in support of a growing bast of customer and applications.
- Build and maintain a world class engineering team.
- Contribute to the senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Monitor management of all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and projections of future needs by creating systems that scale accordingly.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience leading a hardware meets software engineering team.
- Strong business acumen; able to quickly grasp key business drivers in the industry and recommend how the Company should respond
- Experience establishing and managing to a financial budget, including making trade-offs in prioritizing projects
- Familiar with devops, capable leadership skills
- Well-versed in Agile software development methodologies, including a strong partnership with product management
- Experience leading diverse teams (Development, DevOps, QA), including the use of 3rd party resources
What Sets You Apart
- Previous experience leading and developing a team
What We Bring To The Table
- With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely permanently, PopCom employees are able to work from anywhere! (occasional travel to our HQ in Columbus, OH is likely)
- Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
- Generous and flexible time off policy
- Monthly health & wellness reimbursement
- A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. PopCom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||27 Oct 2020
Share Job Opening