We are looking for an experienced Director of Software Development to staff and deliver company projects. This key role for the Company will manage resource allocation and milestone deliveries across many projects while promoting the company’s culture and values.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent track record of software project delivery on time and will have experience in allocating and managing engineering staff with a verity of skill set across the Front-, Middle- and Back-ends of the PayCertify’s platform.
The goal is to ensure that all projects are staffed properly and deliver the stated requirements on time.
● Formulate, organize and monitor projects across multiple products and tiers
● Coordinate cross-project activities and resource allocation
● Be personally accountable to develop and manage deadlines while collaborating with the Product Owners about the roadmap and scopes
● Manage the project resources across a number of concurrent projects
● Establish and manage the projects’ vendors support for the development activities
● Assess project performance and aim to maximize ROI
● Resolve projects’ scope-creep issues
● Prepare and present performance reports and dashboards
● Define performance metrics and KPI for projects and resources
● At least 10 years of experience as a Project/Program Manager using the Agile Software development process
● Track record of delivery on-time and within budget of mission critical products that are used by millions of users.
● Experienced in managing the Distributed Development Team and being Scrum Master in the Agile Development Process: daily interactions with the distributed development team, building and managing a delivery status dashboard, obtaining and managing realistic delivery estimates, having the Line Manager's authority over the Development Team and making sure that the development team delivers!
● Demonstrated experience in successful collaboration across the engineering group, working hand in hand with Product Owners, Architects, DevOps Tech Leads and others.
● Experienced with creating and driving the Agile process culture throughout the development group:
o Leading the creation and continuous fine-tuning of the agile process: sprint definition and management, aligning diverse and distributed development team to a clearly defined deliverables, and post-mortem analysis and takeaways
o Able to conducts the scrum meetings
o Creates Sprint retrospectives to identify issues with estimates and gaps in skills with possible solutions. Defines root causes of the underperformance.
o Possesses soft skills, such as facilitation of conflicts and demonstrated positive impact on the team’s performance. ● Excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented with ability to multitask
● Excellent Communication and People Skills
● Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
● Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
● Excellent problem-solving ability
● English Intermediate to Advanced proficiency.
MUST HAVE CULTURAL FIT
1. Self starter
2. Multidisciplinary and collaborative. Works well with others.
3. Process- and Delivery-centric
4. Opt in, empathy and humility
5. Continuous learning
6. Experimentation via design and coding. The development culture is focused on speed and innovation. The mantra is “move fast and build/break things”.
7. Ability to attract/retain top development talent, manage innovative development teams, having a leadership mindset
8. Can solve problems quickly and independently and then continuously improve the initial development process.
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE & POSITION:
- Work remotely anywhere in US
- Flexible work schedule meeting 44h per week
- Full-Time position
- Semi-monthly payroll (paid on the 1 st & 15th of each month)
1. The candidate makes 30-45 min presentation outlining how his/her skills match the requirements using the past projects.
2. 15-20 min Q&A
3. At the end of Q&A a decision is made whether to proceed with the next phase
A healthy environment: We are proud of everything we create, including our working environment. Our culture is built on values that reinforce our commitment to respecting differences, creating a safe and reliable environment.
Multidisciplinary team: PayCertify's team is made by professionals from many different areas, such as Engineering, Data Specialists, Developers, Marketers and Designers that create a unique place for sharing information that leads to professional and personal development.
Diversity as a trademark: We care about each other. At the end of the day, that's what really makes the difference in our lives - respect, trust, and reliability. In a diverse environment, everyone plays a unique role that contributes to personal growth.
Support as a rule: Regardless of the position held in PayCertify, everyone shares the same commitment - assisting in the development of the skills of every colleague, creating a support network.