4G LTE / 5G NR Tier 2 Network Support Engineer will be a key contributor being the technical interface to customer market teams. You will have your finger on the pulse of the entire customer network. You will monitor the network health, make improvement recommendations and repair the network. You represent customer when leading network outages in a multi-vendor environment.
• Provide in-depth technical log analysis, check network configuration, and support customer as needed
• Knowledgeable on 3G 3GPP2, 4G, or 5G 3GPP technologies
• Be able to work in customer's System Integration lab, customer labs, and commercial networks for reproducing, troubleshooting and investigating poor performance related issues
• Strong on customer support as well as data analysis of logs and pcaps etc
• Must be able to drive for resolutions with other Engineering team on an open ticket
• Provide 24/7 support as needed (shift rotation) for commercial Network outages and network performance issues. Also provide technical reviews and provide support to customers as needed
• Experience with wireless network architecture, protocols, RF optimization and standards
• Develop Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on outages or market performance issues (e.g., throughput, accessibility, sustainability, handovers (Intra/X2/S1), capacity and coverage)
• Be able to review various Engineering MOPs and identify missing steps or issues if any
• Be able to proactively perform data audit, SW/FW audit, and health check of the OSS if needed
• Be able to collect logs and perform log analysis for discussions with Tier3 and HQ on various issues
• Resolve high severity issues (sev1 & sev2) to meet the agreed SLA requirements - 2nd level incident analysis
• Provide updates and resolutions on open tickets
• Be able to train provide guidance and support to other team members on new project, processes, etc. as needed
• Familiar with RLC/MAC layer, different types of control channel and traffic channels, network access procedures, power control, handover algorithms, QoS types, TDD/FDD modes, HARQ/ARQ concepts, etc.
• Be able to develop tools and scripts to automate tasks on OSS and eNBs would be huge plus.
Skills Required: Key skills required include:
• BS EE or CS required (preferred MS ESS or CS) - with at least 5 years of telecom work experience
• Good knowledge of wireless network architecture concepts especially in RAN domain
• Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems
• Good customer support experience
• Good analytical skills to investigate and evaluate trending data for issue resolution
• Ability to develop scripts and tools to aide with the reports generation and analysis will be a plus
• Must be able to work under pressure and willing to work on the ad-hoc schedule and/or on-call environment.
• Work generally is performed in an office and/or lab environment – may need to travel 0 to 10%