We have a need for a Project Manager (with technical experience in Core) for Canada.
The PM we need for Verizon Messaging is in the US.
Although these PMs work remotely they might be required to travel to the customer site on a short notice.
So at this time we are looking for a hybrid of Technical and PM skills for Canada in Canada, and another PM with strong PM experience for Verizon in the US.
We are not looking for technical experts but some general knowledge and technical foundation in Packet Core, VNF concepts, 5G, and AWS integration and deployment is needed.
Knowledge of IMS/SDL concepts and architecture also helps including PCRF and HSS elements. Experience working with major telecom service providers or vendors needed.
Overall, we are looking for individuals with a “PM DNA” who take ownership and responsibility for their projects, work with minimal supervision, and able to represent Nokia in front of the customer.
Pure engineers or technical managers who want to remain very technical will not be a good fit for this position. This is a management/leadership position balancing technical requirements, team logistics, schedules, and budgets as well as the customer relationship on behalf of Nokia.)
General Project Management requirement/job roles:
- Telecom Deployment experience in Core Software Deployments needed
- Managing engineering team for Delivering Projects
- Providing status reports and conduct periodical calls with Clients and Engineering teams
- Telecom technical background, strong technical foundation, eagerness to learn a must.
- General PMs tasks covering
- Strong leadership and able to manage high pressure situations
- Able in managing customer expectations and requests
- Experience with customer delivery and development projects in a telecom environment
- Manages customer program (collection of projects managed together for business benefits) or project* for a defined product and / or service scope for a medium / large and / or complex customer contract with medium / high risk probability.
- Ensures project contract management process is initiated and executed.
Defines the customization of any global operational processes together with relevant point of contacts to meet project requirements (for example, network operations, supply chain, logistics, and acceptance).
- Manages the customer relationship during delivery and serves as the primary interface towards the customer in all activities-related to the own scope of the contract, including customer complaints, corrective actions, and changing requirements.
- Prepares a clear and effective communications plan and ensures proactive communication of all relevant information to the customer and to all stakeholders.
- Monitors and controls that the project is delivered within the approved budget, profitability forecast, and planned scope.
- Ensures that the project meets all objectives for quality and looks continuously for quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Actively applies appropriate best practices and lessons learned throughout the life of the project. Monitors, controls and reports KPIs defined in customer contract.
- Ensures data in all project-related tools and repositories is kept up-to-date and with high quality.
- Conducts thorough risk management for all project risks and opportunities.
- Seeks to define new opportunities to expand and renew contracts with the customer.
- Leads the project team and may perform some line manager responsibilities.
- Completes the project closure and / or handover as required (for example, complete contractual requirements, post calculation, lessons learned).
- PMP Certification a plus.
Remote ( USA and CANADA )
, United States
||12 Jan 2022
Share Job Opening