Please note: We only consider applications that have a cover letter specific to this job offer. All other applications are automatically declined.
About the Position - ready to make an impact?
Do you love the challenge of growing a business from the ground up? Perhaps you want to start your own company - or maybe you already have and you're looking to learn more? The freshly funded and rapidly growing team at ObjectBox is seeking an entrepreneur in residence to join us in beautiful Munich for 4 months - 1 year. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and innovative doer who wants to implement ideas, make valuable contacts in the startup world, and help grow ObjectBox in new and exciting directions. The opportunities are endless, here are some of the things you would be doing:
- Market research and analysis
- Hands on assistance in sales, development, marketing
- Gain insights into a deep tech startup, learn about day-to-day business management
- Represent ObjectBox, develop relationships in the industry, make connections
- Be part of strategy meetings and craft our sales and social media strategy together with us
- Depending on skillset: Do interviews, write articles, produce videos, optimize our website, increase conversions, community management
- Learn to use new tools like Hubspot, Trello, GitBook, Wordpress, Buffer, and many more
- Pitch your ideas directly to our CEO, take ownership and gain amazing real world experience
What You Bring
- High level of motivation and full of ideas
- People savvy: you can communicate and interact with anyone and everyone
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant field
- Fluent in English (and ideally one other language)
- Track record for getting things done
- 2+ years of work experience, ideally in business development, entrepreneurship, marketing, analytics, or a related field
- Hands on mentality: you aren’t afraid to jump in and implement ideas yourself
Nice to Haves
- Background in tech / code
- Experience working in a startup environent
- German language skills
What We Offer
- The chance to work in one of Europe’s hottest startups (see our Slush pitch here)
- An easy-going and super-friendly working environment in a start-up that is growing sustainably rather than rapidly - your chance to shape the company together with us
- Great contacts in the European startup community
- Exciting tasks with the option to learn and grow and take over much more responsibilities as fits your skillset and personal goals
- Flexibility in every respect: We are flexible and looking forward to design the job conditions and contract together with you to match your needs; we are a remote only team
- A job in one of the most creative and exciting growing industries: Mobile and IoT
ObjectBox is a company that helps App & IoT developers develop faster apps faster by ensuring data is where it is needed when it is needed. ObjectBox is optimized for small connected devices. Our users are the developers of mobile and IoT apps. If you are not that technical, think of it as a Dropbox for App & IoT developers running in the background of the application. Mobile and IoT Developers use it within the app to ensure the app end users always have the latest data. At the core of this solution lies our mobile database, which is 10x faster than the industry leader SQLite and which only takes 1/10th of the code (LOC) to implement.
We are also the team behind the open source projects greenDAO and EventBus, which are used by >30% of the top-500 apps on Google Play. To give some examples: Pinterest, Booking, Snapchat are all using our prior libraries in their apps.