For more than a quarter century, SomerCor has helped entrepreneurs obtain the financing they need to realize their business dreams. SomerCor is a non-profit, small business lender that offers SBA loans and administers the City of Chicago’s Small Business Improvement Funds. With a portfolio of nearly $500 million, SomerCor is one of the largest SBA lenders in the Midwest, consistently ranking in the top 25 Certified Development Companies (CDC’s) nationwide.
SomerCor is seeking a key team member to support its goal of best in class client service to small business owners in their journey to capitalize their businesses. Some of the unique businesses supported by SomerCor and its team are discussed on the SomerCor website at www.https://somercor.com/category/blog.
SomerCor is seeking a full-time, Illinois based SBA 504 Credit Analyst to join its Credit team. A full range of benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match and vacation/sick time are included. Office work flex-schedule is available to provide for remote work opportunities. SomerCor seeks candidates who want to join a team-oriented, mission-based organization that values diversity and inclusion with a purpose to support small businesses and local investment.
- Review and analyze small business loan application documents for compliance and SBA eligibility
- Perform financial analysis of historic financial statements and tax returns to evaluate risk
- Prepare credit memoranda for internal and SBA review
- Stay current with SBA 504 SOP underwriting and eligibility guidelines, processes and procedures
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 1-4 years of experience in credit analysis and/or portfolio management
- Commercial loan underwriting experience with a bank or other financial institution – SBA underwriting experience a plus but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, writing, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills with special emphasis in Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment focused on outstanding customer service, interoffice collaboration, operational efficiency, and SBA regulatory compliance
, United States
||08 Mar 2021
Share Job Opening