GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for a Senior Staff Attorney for PACE Bus in Chicago, IL. Pace Suburban Bus is the premier suburban transit provider, safely and efficiently moving people to work, school, and other regional destinations. Pace’s family of public transportation services offer affordable and environmentally responsible transit options for residents of 284 municipalities in Cook, Will, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties. The backbone of Chicago’s suburbs, Pace services tens of thousands of daily riders. One of the largest bus services in North America, Pace covers 3,677 square miles in an area nearly the size of the state of Connecticut and about 15 times the size of the City of Chicago. Pace’s innovative approach to public transportation gives the Agency a national reputation as an industry leader.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the Senior Staff Attorney represents Pace and its employees in property damage, subrogation, and personal injury matters in various forums. The Senior Staff Attorney must be self-motived and willing to handle all aspects of personal injury cases, such as motion practice, appealing in court, taking depositions, handling arbitrations, and trials. The Generals Counsel’s office consists of eleven employees, five attorneys and six staff with specialties ranging from claims adjustments to labor and employment, with very limited administrative support. The Senior Staff Attorney must demonstrate the drive to do well with every single case and to readily employ continuous improvement tactics.
The successful candidate’s education and experience will include the following:
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois with 5-8 years’ previous experience handling personal injury cases.
- Excellent reading comprehension, research, and verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly organized, detail oriented, and resourceful team player. Able to successfully and efficiently work on numerous projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines.
- A highly skilled negotiator who demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and must demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Position is subject to the provisions set forth in 5 ILCS 430/5-45 (c) of the State Officials and Employee Ethics Act.
- Travel to Cook and its collar counties is required.
Anticipated starting salary is $70,000 to $90,000 +/- DOQ. Submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references immediately. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Pace Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
, United States
||18 Jun 2021
Share Job Opening