Gordon Law Offices is a plaintiff’s injury law firm in the Chicago Loop. Their staff is passionate about helping injured people get the benefits and recovery they deserve. They are looking for an experienced personal injury paralegal/senior litigation assistant to join the team and work directly with the lead attorney for their personal injury practice. This position requires your presence in their in Chicago loop offices. This is a great opportunity for a detail oriented, organized and hard working multi-tasker to work and grow in a small firm that values the contributions of every member of the team.
- Manage a large volume of cases at various phases of the litigation lifecycle
- Obtain and organize client medical records and bills
- Draft routine motions, subpoenas and correspondence at direction of the attorney
- Draft standard complaints, responses and discovery requests
- Maintain the attorney’s calendar for all work-related matters
- Maintain all case related filings efficiently and accurately
- Communicate with clients on status and as requested by the attorney.
- Draft and follow up on standard letters/communications as needed.
- Coordinate with OPC/Vendors/Court: send pleadings, set up depositions, coordinate site visits with experts, etc.
- Manage the consolidation of expenses
- Input and manage data in case management system (Filevine)
- Aid the team when and as needed to deliver for clients
- 5+ years previous experience as a paralegal or legal assistant in personal injury
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- A self-starter who is proactive and can manage her own workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Outstanding listening and communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- Collaborative, positive attitude, and willing to pitch in where needed
- Tech savvy; an expert user of standadrd office tools including word, excel, calendaring, document management and case management systems
- Spanish fluency a plus.
Compensation and Culture:
Gordon Law Offices offer competitive pay packages that includes 401(k), profit sharing and health insurance, as well as PTO.
, United States
||27 Jun 2022
Share Job Opening