Are you looking to grow your Higher Education career? Are you seeking opportunities to innovate using new technologies in performing the various functions required by a registration and records team? Are you interested in learning and implementing new course registration processes such as course bidding? Are you known for your dedication to service excellence, and ability to successfully use systems and data to improve efficiency within a registration and records team? If so, you could be a great fit for the Kellogg Academic Experience team with the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
The Associate Director, Registration and Records candidate will be joining a diverse, collaborative, dynamic and hard-working Academic Experience team that is mission-driven, and dedicated to improving the student experience. This position is located in Evanston, IL, reporting to the Senior Director of Academic Experience on the Kellogg Integrated Student Services team.
Northwestern employees take advantage of excellent healthcare and retirement benefits as well as generous paid time off. This position offers the option to work remotely a couple of days per week. If you feel this could be a great career match, please apply today!
- Manages the planning, enhancement, and execution of course bidding and registration for all Full-Time, Evening & Weekend, and Executive MBA students.
- Provides support in overseeing Kellogg’s configuration and use of bidding/registration/student information systems for all MBA programs, including configuration, testing, troubleshooting, ad hoc data requests.
- Manages a team of 4 responsible for course bidding and registration, degree audit and conferral, communication of academic policies and procedures, and record management for Kellogg’s Full-Time, Part-Time, and Executive MBA programs.
- Manages customer support and service to faculty, staff, and students regarding enrollment issues and course bidding questions, and provides guidance and supervision to the office staff with regard to their customer support. Creates associated practices and procedures and metrics to measure success.
- Conducts quarterly audits of student enrollments to ensure compliance with school and university policies and deadlines.
- Will be cross-trained in all department responsibilities and is quick to take initiatives, suggest improvements, solve complex issues independently and jump-into actions when needed.
- Manages the day-to-day operations, develops and maintains the quarterly/yearly production schedule.
- Prioritizes daily responsibilities among complicated processes, projects and requests. Accountable for providing the optimal student experience for course selection and registration
Skills and Background:
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of progressive higher education experience either in Student Information Systems or Registrar’s Office.
- Experience must include at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in process analysis and improvement.
- Experience in customer service delivery.
- Experience with enterprise-scale student registration systems in a higher education setting.
- Master’s Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 5 years progressive experience in a registrar’s office or related university area working with enrollment and operations.
- Strong supervisory experience, preferably in a university setting.
- Excellent customer service delivery in a highly professional environment.
- Superior problem-solving and multitasking skills.
Benefits and Perks
Northwestern is proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles. We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us earn more.