Morbark’s Field Service Engineer position works as part of the Product Engineering team, investigating issues customers have with our products. The Field Engineer’s primary role is to lead fact gathering for product issues in the field and drive investigation efforts toward root-cause identification and then validation of permanent corrective actions. The Field Service Engineer will also support the Service team to determine appropriate immediate steps to return a customer’s equipment to an operational state. Approximate travel of 20% is required for this job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather information about product issues experienced by our customers
- Work with the Morbark Service organization and our authorized servicing dealers to determine quick and effective repairs to customer’s equipment – monitor the effectiveness of any initial repairs
- Work with Product Engineers to evaluate available information, identify, and close investigational gaps and drive investigation activity toward the root cause of all assigned field issues
- Work with Product Engineering to develop and validate permanent corrective actions to address product issues; facilitate the application of these corrective actions on customer equipment in conjunction with the Morbark Service team as appropriate
- Work with Product and Systems Engineering to develop troubleshooting and repair training for the Service organization and our servicing dealers
- Work with the Product Engineering team to drive down Warranty occurrences and expense – support Product Warranty Board teams
- Facilitate field testing with current or future customers
- Collaborate with colleagues in the continuous improvement process; collaborate with other departments to provide a “best in class” quality product
- Identify training opportunities and help develop training needed to improve the overall organization’s development
- Create reports for management outlining current project status or current issues
- Keep a working log of open issues and timelines for resolutions
- Contribute to problem resolutions and participate in problem-solving activities
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering
- Prior experience working in a field service role
- Experience working with Design and/or Manufacturing Engineering a plus
- Experience with electric and hydraulic controls and systems a plus
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing culture
- Project management experience, interfacing with multiple projects
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate with individuals at multiple levels of the organization including shop floor and office
- Formal Problem Solving training/skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft product suite helpful
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings a plus
- Qualification to work in the United States
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, fulfilling identified obligations.
- Ability to interact with our internal and external customers at all leadership levels
- Hands-on, energetic, and a “can do” attitude
- Honest, reliable, and ethical nature
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
, United States
||08 May 2019
Share Job Opening