Growing food company in Portland has a need for a Logistics/Warehouse Manager. This is a direct hire role with a full benefits package.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the administration of the HACCP Program, HACCP Team, Food Safety, food audits, and Food Defense programs.
- Ensures maintenance of all warehouse and transportation equipment and security systems, i.e., doors locked, alarms functioning properly.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts in order to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse and transportation activities, such as production, on-time deliveries, idle time, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage, distribution, and transportation services.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, transportation assets, tractors, trailers, and equipment, and order testing, maintenance, repair, or replacement as necessary.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, hauling, transporting, or salvaging products or materials.
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, shipping, hauling, and transporting products.
- Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Maintains work environment that is safe, secure and in compliance with government laws, DOT, FDA, OSHA and company policies:
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Develop and implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design.
- Develop and implement plans for transportation and fleet enhancement or expansion, such as equipment upgrades, modification or purchases within budget design.
- Maintain inventory of all warehouse and transportation equipment; develop and implement an on-going maintenance plan.
- Participate in budget planning, management of specific budget items, and reporting of department activities.
- Create and manage the implementation of new business opportunities for the distribution center and logistics operations.
- Work with appropriate staff to identify needs and opportunities for the department. Create new services or activities to address issues and/or opportunities.
- Ensure open communication with Warehouse and Transportation personnel. Conduct regular meetings with warehouse and transportation supervisors and with all Warehouse and Transportation staff, encouraging the airing of concerns and the sharing of suggestions for improvements.
- Conducts performance reviews, both formal and informal, to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the staff.
- Ensures all policies and work rules are followed and implemented consistently to ensure a workplace free of discrimination and labor law violations:
- Handles performance issues in a consistent and fair manner.
- Ensures all accident and incident report procedures are properly followed.
- Five to seven years’ experience in warehouse, distribution, facilities, transportation, and logistics management, including at least five years as a supervisor, preferably in a food industry environment.
- High level of analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with developing and managing profitable and sustainable business opportunities.
- Strong management, supervisory, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the latest warehousing, distribution, inventory, transportation, logistics, and routing technology and procedures a plus.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong understanding of, and focus on, the customer.
- Enhanced ability to ensure a positive culture environment and ability to empower staff.
- Experience in distribution and transportation management, including at least five years in a transportation industry environment a plus.
, United States
||16 Mar 2023
Share Job Opening