Growing Manufacturing firm 30 mins north of downtown Greensboro has a need for a Quality Manager. This is a full time position with a full benefits package.
· Manages quality assurance ensuring that quality exceeds customers' expectations.
· Supervises quality assurance personnel.
· Assures products produced comply with and exceed ASTM standards.
· Develops procedures for the elimination of internal and external quality problems assuring good customer relations.
· Offers support and direction to quality assurance personnel in order to obtain consistency.
· Coordinates replacement or fill-in for quality assurance employees during their absence.
· Communicates to all levels of management current quality status, trends, problem areas and procedures as needed.
· Maintains and coordinates all DOT requirements. In absence of quality assurance support, prepares DOTs.
· Keeps all testing equipment in good working order.
· Attends daily supervisor meeting.
· Participates in quarterly inventories.
· Implements and manages a controlled documentation system of product specification and operating procedures.
· Implements and manages a calibration system to insure equipment is operating in proper condition and meeting quality expectations.
- Stages and loads product for shipment.
- Maintains accurate finished goods inventories by supervising the performance of cycle counts as well as complete physical inventories as appropriate or otherwise scheduled by management.
- Motivates and directs others in a team environment as well as performs duties related to supervision of individuals assigned to the Shipping Department.
- Works closely with sales, scheduling and operations to meet customers’ delivery requirements.
- Ensures final product and package meet appropriate DOT, customer and company requirements.
- Evaluates methods and means of storage to ensure that there is efficient utilization of storage area for raw materials and finished goods.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Directly supervises employees in the Quality Assurance Department.
· Directly supervises employees in the Shipping Department.