Kinektt is a tech startup company with a mission focused on revolutionizing the way Christians throughout the world connect with each other both digitally and in-person.
Kinektt operates at the intersection of the United States Social Networking and Religious Organization industries, which have both seen strong growth over the past five years.
An event-based social service and communication platform that allows users to browse and create virtual and in-person events, hangouts, Church services, and activities.
Who we’re looking for:
Kinektt Inc. is seeking a passionate hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of mobile/web security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of over a potential two billion people. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the mobile security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys.
Mobile/Web Application Security Engineer Interns will own responsibilities within and alongside our web/mobile application within the tech startup.
This internship/co-op has a minimum (8) week duration and will begin on February 1st, 2021
In this role, success means maturing our security process with clear steps to action while delivering compelling solutions to our senior leadership.
Who you are:
Have a stellar attitude and ready to give max effort.
You have a High-Levell network troubleshooting ability.
- You have knowledge and experience with current cyber threats and landscape to Enterprise environments.
This role will require someone who is passionate about DevSecOps.
A person with the ability to manage multiple security assessments in parallel with aggressive timelines.
What you’ll do:
Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies.
Identify and document security gaps within AWS accounts aligned to the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
Ensure external applications and systems are using strong authentication when connecting to AWS hosted systems.
Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats.
Facilitate meetings, workshops, and discussions with our team to help us find a balance between user wants, client needs, technical level of effort, and timelines.
Strong understanding of AWS Identity and Access Management concepts and configurations.
Validate technical security configurations provided by application and account owners.
Conduct regular security assessments and specializing in mobile platform and application code.
Responsible for completing security architecture reviews of multiple AWS accounts and hosted applications including:
- Collaboration with account owners to review existing AWS accounts security posture.
- Identify and document security misconfigurations in the AWS resources and architectures.
- Provide remediation guidance to AWS account owners for identified security gaps.
1 year of AWS experience.
Leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives.
Knowledge of Internet issues and experience in mobile security space.
Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, bug bounty, etc.)
Ability to multitask, work within deadlines, iterate quickly, and shift gears in a fast-paced environment
Clear communicator, both verbally and visually
roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a willingness to take on "non-role-specific" security duties as needed to support the team and business
A belief that integrity and respect are required in the workplace
Have a stellar attitude and ready to give max effort
Confident in your ability to "figure it out" when you come across problems you may not have seen before
Hyper attention to detail
Please submit one example of a mobile/web application or one mobile and one web application that you have developed and/or designed to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kinektt, all current and future Employees, Interns, and Volunteers must agree and abide by our Statement of Faith from the first day of Employment. All volunteers and contractors are expected to but not required to abide by our Statement of faith when outside of Kinektt’s physical property or during any given workday they are with Kinektt. You can read the SOF at http://kinektt.com/statementoffaith
Job Type: Internship
We are Kansas City-based and will have opportunities to meet and work together in person depending on the location of the candidate. The position can be handled 100% remotely if needed.
Company's Facebook page:
To be successful at Kinektt, you need to embrace the 9 codes:
At Kinektt, we are a culture built on Christian principles and focused on community and the values that guide our every step forward. Our company culture hones in on nine characteristics or better known as codes, that embodies not only our vision but the overall mission; to enable Christians by way of giving the power to connect, create, and share information and ideas around the world.
These nine codes represented are:
- We believe in being a company built around the Kingdom of God. From the customer to the individual, from the individual to the teams, and from the teams to the company; Kinektt is here to engage in a Christian focused atmosphere that provides a safe place for Christian users to communicate, grow in their faith, and find new connections around the world.
- Everyone is open to introducing new ideas and being creative in thinking to bring out the best.
No Door Policy:
- This means open access to everyone in the company.
- We are to treat every person with compassion and respect.
Keep it Simple:
- Keeping things simple while not allowing complexity to knock its way in during the tenure of Kinektt.
- We believe in the reliability, truth, ability, and strength of our employees by their use of good judgment.
- Kinektt shares openly as an organization with uncommon levels of information to everyone in the company. Transparency does not mean democracy, and NDA (Non-disclosure agreements) are not disseminated as a result of being a transparent company.
- We believe in bringing in people that can teach us something and build Kinektt piece by piece.
Dare to be Different:
- We experiment above average and encourage failing forward while steering away from consistent failure. We do this through coaching, ongoing learning, and strategies to be a customer-centric company that is driven towards the result of building the Christian community.