Counselors with Kid Explorer Summer Camps will work on site at our Chicago, Illinois location as a flexible and dedicated team member, who is willing to work in a wide variety of programs for campers in rising Pre-K to 4th grade. Our programs range from Multi-Sport to STEM with everything in between, and our Counselors are team players who are willing to work in any program as needed. By supporting their co-counselor in the daily management of their camp group, Counselors are fundamental in bringing our curricula to life. While there may be opportunities to specialize in a particular camp program throughout the summer, our Counselors are characterized by their dedication, flexibility and willingness to work with campers of all ages and interests.
- Bring the Magic of Camp to Life. Our curriculum is designed to engage all aspects of the mind, and you contribute to all camp programs with equal levels of enthusiasm and care. By working with campers of all ages, you develop your skills as an educator and leader, learning how to work with a wide variety of personalities and skill levels.
- Care for Campers. By working directly with campers throughout the summer, you are responsible for allowing campers to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. With the guidance of the program management team and specialists, you bring the bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Kid Explorer Club Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You are responsible for your group throughout the day and will work closely with a program specific counselor to develop your skills in behavior management and instruction, all while holding the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your first priority.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Kid Explorer Camps, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least 1 year of college – or equivalent educational experience – and are at least 18 years of age or older as of June 1st, 2019.
- Housing in the Chicago-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Kid Explorer Camps we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence and being a role model for your campers.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and know that being effective in your role is tied to proactive planning.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Kid Explorer Club Company is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.