Kangaroo is an innovative food delivery platform serving underserved markets. Using Kangaroo, people outside of the biggest cities can now get their favorite local food delivered right to their home or office at an affordable price. From humble beginnings in Atlantic Canada university towns, the company is now operating in multiple markets and will grow to many more soon. We are growing incredibly fast and are looking for an Office Administrative Catalyst to help us grow even faster.
The primary responsibility will be to execute administrative and clerical tasks, and to support various projects. Our ideal candidate is a proactive, detail-oriented team player that can get stuff done. Reporting to the CEO, the Office Admin Catalyst will work across the Kangaroo team to support key day-to-day tasks and help execute priorities.
The Office Administrative Catalyst will be responsible for the following priorities as well as any other duties as assigned by the CEO:
- Prepare daily and weekly reports on a timely basis, followed by accurate data entry
- Support key restaurant-related outreach and engagement tasks including meeting scheduling, inventory management, contract coordination, and payout reporting
- Help with Kangaroo’s hiring of new staff, including coordinating interviews and providing applicants with key information
You have / are:
- Help to build, maintain and optimize Kangaroo’s internal documents, databases and priority correspondence
- Support customer feedback and online enquiries
- Implement new systems and processes that help us move and grow faster
- Organized - effectively manages, organizes and prioritizes his / her time and around the most important office functions.
Critical Skills & Qualifications
- Solution-oriented – demonstrates a positive, creative, solution-oriented mindset. Proactively takes steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues and opportunities.
- Great communicator - conveys and receives messages by listening, interpreting and delivering verbal, written and electronic messages to support the needs of the team. Demonstrates a cooperative, enthusiastic and productive approach and has a proven ability to develop and maintain a variety of professional relationships.
- Honest - We say it like it is, we expect nothing less of you.
- Quick-thinker and Quick-learner - It is a fast pace environment requiring faster runners. Thinking and planning will greatly help make it all move forward
- Office administration and clerical experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Effective decision-making ability.
Our investment in you:
- Confident communication and active listening skills are critical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of common software such as Microsoft Office.
- Some evening work and additional hours may be required on occasion.
- Competitive compensation including opportunity for risk-based compensation (stock options)
- Positive, rewarding team environment
- Potential to grow with the company
- An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply with your resume by Monday, November 30 expressing your interest and salary expectations.
||16 Nov 2020
Share Job Opening