Account Officer is needed in Jawura Environmental Services Limited Company.
JESL is one of the leading environmental consulting firms in Nigeria and has been in existence since the nineties with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Qualification: OND /HND/BSC Accounting/ Accountancy/ Banking & Finance.
AAT / ICAN or ACCA (is an added Advantage).
At least 2- 4 years’ cognate experience in:
- Ensure prompt payment of creditors
- Manage petty cash effective to ensure cost control
- Prepare monthly management account and submit to the company accountant for review
- Ensure a budget is prepared and approved for every project before the project is implemented i.e. before disbursement of funds
- Prepare profitability evaluation/ analysis for every project to determine the expected profit from every project before the project is embarked upon
- Prepare monthly cash budget and submit to the company accountant for use
- Secure financial information by ensuring daily scanning of accounts documents( i.e. invoices, payment vouchers, receipts); store on the legacy computer and also back it up on an external hard drive
- Monitor annual budget effectively and actively report budget variances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare a quarterly creditors reconciliation and submit a report to the company accountant for review and decision making
- Ensure an annual financial audit of the company’s financial statement is done within the first quarter of the following year.
- Secure financial information by ensuring daily scanning of accounts documents ( i.e. Invoices, payment vouchers, receipts ); store on the legacy computer and also back it up on an external hard drive
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed assets register and ensure insurance premiums are paid as at when due annually
- Conduct a physical asset verification twice per annum
- Excellent accounting software user (Sage)
- Presentation skills, reporting skills and attention to details
- Strong leadership skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and financial forecast
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and multitask
- Driven and goal-oriented
- The capacity to work in a dynamic and pressured multidisciplinary team environment
, River State
||08 Oct 2019
Share Job Opening