Non for Profit
We are searching for a bright HR Advisor to join a mission led non for profit in the political sector. The HR Advisor will be joining a small team of 4 to provide comprehensive and efficient support to the Human Resources department, across the full generalist remit.
- Supporting Line Managers in all matters relating to HR including terms and conditions, absence, and flexible working requests.
- Communicate family friendly policy to relevant employees, assisting with any queries and ensuring all relevant paperwork is produced.
- Manage and administer any career changes as and when required.
- Manage recruitment from vacancy through to appointment, liaise with line managers on development of advertising documentation, up to Head of level, produce interview documentation and encouraging best practice in all recruitment and selection activity.
- To facilitate the recruitment advertising process by; placing job advertisements on job boards, monitoring candidate queries during the advertising process and issuing applications to the shortlisting panels.
- To coordinate job interviews by; liaising directly with interview candidates and with the shortlisting panel, booking meeting rooms for interviews and printing recruitment packs where required.
- To provide effective recruitment administration including; updating departmental recruitment trackers, obtaining recruitment materials, keeping recruitment folders updated, archiving folders.
- To administer the new joiner on-boarding process by, issuing offer letters and new joiner paperwork, creating personnel files, requesting references, updating the HR database with new joiner details.
- To administer the volunteer, secondment and consultancy processes.
- To administer the probationary process.
- To liaise with leavers to ascertain leave dates and confirm accrued but untaken annual leave entitlements, issuing leaver letters, organising exit interviews and updating this information on the HR database as and when required.
- To ensure the payroll department receive timely information for new joiners, career changes and leavers, whilst updating departmental trackers.
- To take minutes in HR meetings where required.
- To provide effective HR portal support by; responding to staff queries in relation to the HR portal, assisting with the annual leave and appraisal process facilities, and ensuring the HR portal staff directory is accurately maintained.
- To produce ad hoc HR letters, reports and other documentation when required.
To carry out other project work / provide administrative support as directed.
- Experience working in a HR role in a similar organisation
- Broad knowledge of the generalist components of Human Resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR Policies and providing advice to managers
- Experience of working in a busy office, dealing with a range of conflicting priorities.
- Experience of taking notes at meetings
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters discreetly.
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Accurate data inputting skills.
- Ability to take accurate notes at meetings.
- Excellent organisation skills, including the ability to manage conflicting work priorities.
, United Kingdom
||22 Nov 2022
Share Job Opening