SAP MM Consultant should have hands-on experience on both development and support of SAP MM application and would be working in closed cooperation of the application owner and architect. The Consultant would play a key role in managing and maintaining a sound production environment. The Consultant will work in an international, distributed and multi-functional team; using agile mindset and methodology.
• As support specialist:
o Proactively monitor the application performance and data processing.
o Analysis and reporting issues; fixing within SLA and Transporting changes
o Service Improvements
• As an development specialist
o Be part of design discussions for new projects.
o Develop objects as per requirement and creation of necessary TDs and FDs.
o Support business for testing.
Qualification & Experience:
1) Graduate with 8+ years of hands-on experience
2) Experience in incident / service management / error handling / problem management
3) Knowledge of various tools for CD creation and transport movement
4) Good problem solving and analytical skills .
5) Ability to understand the customer business processes and the IT landscape rapidly.
6) Ability to frame the right set of questions for a single process track.
7) Assist in creating solution proposals , rough effort estimates , assist in solution workshops and assist in preparing the solution road map as well as assisting in the detailed documentation and in implementing the solution
8) Able to guide a team , preparation of design documents, gathering business requirements and estimation and having the knowledge of the quality processes and also guide the team in using the various quality tools.
9) Should have SAP experience in the core module of specialization and domain experience.
10) Demonstrates knowledge of Materials Management processes and how these processes are treated and configured in SAP MM.
11) Able to work with customer business teams and project teams effectively.
12) Should be able to conduct requirement gathering workshops ,map these into SAP MM processes and identify gaps.
13) Should know the processes adopted for custom developments, unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, go-live preparations and going live.
14) Should be able to design and configure processes in Materials Management, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Valuation, Material Requirement Planning, Invoice verification processes.
15) Should also know how MM process integrates with QM, Finance, SD and PP modules
16) Customer facing skill. Worked with European customers
- Organize workshops (dev team / business / process owner / key users)
- Coordinate and Support DevOps Team activities
o Priorities / Efforts
o Impediments / Escalations
o Critical Issues Mgmt / Service Continuity
- Regular Status Reporting
- Roadmap Management
- Requirements Mgmt:
o Review / Write Requirements / Specification
o Classify requirements
o Manage Project Backlog (Functional / Non-Functional Requirements)
- Deployment Planning / Coordination
- Manage required Resources / Means (SVN, accounts, …)
- Offer Mgmt (Specification, Costs and Delivery Due Date)
- Product Owner Activities / Support
- Process Documentation / Support
- Maintain and extend Architecture
- Development of:
o new functionalities according to customer needs
o robustness improvements (improve /stabilize existing functions)
o software corrective maintenance (bug fix)
o Write Test Procedures (unit tests and integration tests)
- Maintain and extend documentation
- Reactive Operational Support
o L2/L3 Incident Management (Quickest possible Issue resolution, Workarounds)
o Root Cause Analysis
o Request Mgmt. (apply standard changes / configuration changes / administrative actions)
o Data Management (Perform mass data loadings / corrections)
- Proactive Operational Support
o Monitoring (processes, Interfaces)
o Event and Alert Mgmt. (manage events resulting from monitoring service)
- Perform daily administrative tasks including fielding user inquiries, user account administration and identification and resolution of operational issues of applications.
- Maintain up to date technical documents (Operation Requirement Sheet, Schedule Requirement Sheet, Monitoring Requirement Sheet, …)
- Prepare and maintain documentation describing configurations and procedures for performing installations. Maintain the first-time-right approach is must.
- Functional Support (Q&A, Product Owner Support, Analysis, data/report extraction)
- Perform validation test (functional and data)
Success will be measured in a variety of areas, including but not limited to
• Consistently ensure the on-time delivery and quality (first-time-right) of the projects
• Bring innovative cost effective solutions
Achieve the customer satisfaction