EngineerBabu is a product company, We build products for Startups. Our Portfolio includes MIT and Harvard Innovation Labs Startups. We are a heart-driven company and not a mind-driven company, so anyone joining needs to be able to speak from your heart and connect with people. We have always been a people-first organization. You can find recent updates here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditichaurasia/detail/recent-activity/shares/
EngineerBabu Linkedin and Youtube channel.
We’ve gotten by on strength of the product, the cult of personality, a unique point of view, running against the wind, and incredibly generous word-of-mouth promotion from our customers. We’re fortunate that it’s been working. 5 profitable years in business is the proof. We’re naturally proud of that.
Job Brief: We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure.
Responsibilities for the Role
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Skills Required for the Role
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Docker, Kubernetes, KVM, QEMU)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
You’re creative. You’re organized. You’re experienced. You’ve done this before. You want to do it again. You absolutely want to do it for us. We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. We’ll often subject ideas to rigorous debate, so you’ll need to stand up for what you believe, but we remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together.
Yes, you’ll need to learn how we work at EngineerBabu, but we’re also looking for someone to teach us how to work.
We’re not looking for a superhero who thinks sheer hours = good work. Excess doesn’t impress us – creativity and efficiency do. You’ll have 8 hours a day to work, and, we hope, at least 8 hours a night to sleep. What you do with the other 8 is up to you, never to us. You’ll report directly to the Co-Founders.
How to Apply:-
Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Show us your future here! We value great writers, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time with the application. There’s no prize for being the first to submit! Stock cover letters won’t do. Tell us why you want this job. Tell us about:
- Why you decided to work in Systems Engineer.
- Why you want to work at EngineerBabu and not somewhere else.
- A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
- Tell us about yourself and the kind of person you are
, Madhya Pradesh
||29 Nov 2019
Share Job Opening