EngineerBabu is seeking a Systems Engineer with solid experience in the AWS cloud platforms, good experience in software design & development, excellent troubleshooting skills, and good communication skills. This role will primarily focus on providing sustenance engineering support, configuration management, automation, and troubleshooting activities.
The Systems Engineer is expected to perform all or most of the following activities:
· As part of the Cloud DevOps team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) components hosted in the AWS cloud platform.
· Perform deep troubleshooting to analyze logs, application/infrastructure issues to improve scalability, high availability, and performance of applications in production and non-production environments
· Build and maintain tools and frameworks that support the health-check of applications and other automated solutions
· Design, build and deliver dashboards and reports to monitor applications and underlying cloud infrastructure to identify bottlenecks causing degradation of service quality and/or availability
· Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies
· Evaluate tools, technologies, and processes to improve the efficiency of daily operations
· The selected candidate shall be a self-starter and can work independently on identified platforms and take ownership of activities.
· Good knowledge of Microservices, REST APIs, and HTTP
· Hands-on experience in SQL, PowerShell scripting.
· Good experience in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and thread dump analysis.
· Advanced troubleshooting of PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) components hosted in AWS cloud platform
· Basic understanding of components like Redis, Rabbit MQ, etc.
· Good knowledge of branching strategies and source control management tools like GIT
· Experience in tools like Postman, Curl, RDP Client
· Good understanding of provisioning and configuration of resources in CI/CD pipeline configuration/troubleshooting in DevOps
· Experience in MS-Excel / MS-PowerPoint for data analysis and reporting
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills (Optional):
· Good understanding of Networking and security related protocols, a basic understanding of concepts like Routing, Load Balancing, Redundancy, Disaster Recovery, VPN, Firewalls, etc. and experience in network capturing techniques and analysis is a plus