Our mission is to provide intelligent technology that is friendly, caring and more human.
We build AI systems to understand human behavior through wearable sensors. Our technology empowers thousands of patients, clinicians and researchers with real-time human insight, driven by physiological and behavioural biomarkers.
We design and develop medical-quality wearable devices aimed to improve people's emotional well-being and save lives. Embrace2, our hero product, is the only wrist-worn seizure monitor cleared by the FDA.
We believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. Each employee at Empatica is mentored and supported in their personal and professional development goals. We are a team of passionate people from all over the world bringing high levels of creativity to our everyday work.
The new team player
As a Cloud Software Engineer
you will be responsible for improving our Kubernetes cloud infrastructure, by designing, building and maintaining a scalable and reliable architecture, capable of supporting both the consumer and the research ecosystem. You’ll be working closely with a team of Cloud, Fullstack, and Software Engineers: our stack features some of the most exciting technologies out there (Kubernetes
, languages like Golang
, and a wild number of AWS
Your contribution to the mission
In addition, working together with other software engineers you will:
- Setup, update, and maintain our Kubernetes clusters for multiple environments
- Design, build, test, and scale our API infrastructure
- Simplify our deployment procedure for multiple products
This is more than just a coding role. You'll have the chance to use your expertise and knowledge to discuss the architecture of the platform we're building, and its evolution.
By working at Empatica, you’ll have a real opportunity to improve lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and improving to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
At Empatica, we support the personal and professional growth of the employees. You’ll have the possibility to attend conferences, receive dedicated training, and participate in activities relevant to your career growth.
The ideal candidate for this role
The ideal candidate for Empatica
- Has prior experience as a Cloud/DevOps/Infrastructure engineer, preferably in AWS and/or GCP (2+ years)
- Is familiar with logging and monitoring technologies
- Has experience with large scale environments
- Has knowledge of Continuous Integration pipelines (CodeBuild, CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins)
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools (Spark/Kafka/HDFS/YARN)
- Is a very quick learner
- Is fun and easy to work with
- Is a hard-worker and collaborative
- Has an excellent execution mindset
- Is proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- Has outstanding planning, time management and multitasking skills
- Is focused on quality and excellence
- Is flexible in terms of working time
- Is a problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Is passionate about our products and our mission
- Competitive salary
- We have offices in Milan City Center (where this position is based), Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy!
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- Your personal MacBook
- Flexible work hours
- Free, superior Italian coffee - of course
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...