We are Delio
Delio is transforming private markets. Through our technology and expertise, we help the world’s most respected financial institutions to deliver private market transactions to their clients.
Our configurable, white-labelled technology is already being used by more than 85 organisations in 17 countries around the world, including the likes of Barclays, ING, Coutts and UBS. However, we’re only just getting started.
As an award-winning, high growth company, we’ve set ourselves ambitious and challenging targets that build on the rapid progress we’ve made since 2015. To achieve these goals, we work hard, have high expectations and hold each other to account. However, we also support one another and collaborate to ensure that everyone can play a part in our success.
We are hiring a DevSecOps Engineer to join our existing Cardiff-based team. This role will be home-based while Covid restrictions remain in place, with flexible home/office working arrangements to be agreed when regulations allow.
The DevSecOps Engineer will participate in the design, development and implementation of innovative security architectures for protecting systems and data deployed into different types of cloud and local infrastructure. Your responsibilities will primarily be based within our cloud-based environments. However, you will also be responsible for security through the entire lifecycle, from workstations, to local infrastructure and then in the cloud.
Whilst it would be helpful to have some or all of the skills listed below, the candidate will be part of a small, experienced team and full training will be given in areas where there is a gap in knowledge. We’ll also provide you with the opportunity to get CCSK certified and other certifications if you so choose.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deploying infrastructure in AWS, Azure and managing “local” infrastructure
- Maintaining and improving IaaS
- Maintaining, implementing and improving CI/CD pipelines (Circle CI, Jenkins)
- Maintaining and helping troubleshoot production applications
- Staying on top of security best practices, keeping us ahead of the curve
- Helping developers understand security, supporting them in finding issues and mentoring them where needed
- Deploying legacy applications and supporting the migration to microservices
- Being open to out of hours deployments for legacy applications, based on a rota
- Review, assess and document current architectures
You’ll be part of an in-house team which is at the heart of an advanced agile and technology-centred organisation that is constantly striving to improve our standards and processes. The team is decentralised, with a high degree of autonomy.
As a rapidly scaling fintech, the work environment is fast-paced so we need someone who can be adaptive and pragmatic. We’re a close-knit team so you’ll need to be able to work collaboratively and find the right decision for the company and the team. We also value self-development, so you must be able to show that you have invested in your career, either through certifications, self-learning or other projects outside of work. A desire to continuously improve and learn new technologies and skills is vital.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills, both one-on-one and as part of a team
- Outstanding communication skills
- A natural curiosity to solve problems and overcome challenges
- Able to work under your own initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Takes accountability for their actions and work
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility
- Makes informed decisions around risk management based on sound reasoning
- Demonstrated commitment to self-learning and skills development
- Experience of using:
- Jenkins and CircleCi experience or experience with similar CI/CD platforms
- A good understanding of AWS
- Experience with Alpine, Debian and CentOS based linux distros
- A basic understanding of security best practices, whether that’s in the cloud, on your computer or even on your phone
- Experience of designing high availability, reliable, self-healing solutions
- Understanding of authentication and authorisation methods, such as OAuth, SAML and SSO in general
Our team is the beating heart of Delio
Joining Delio you can expect:
- A competitive salary of up to £45,000 dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday (exclusive of bank holidays)
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including one afternoon per month dedicated to professional development and a dedicated personal training budget of £500
- Your birthday off
- Flexible working policy (remote/office/hybrid solutions available when Covid restrictions allow)
- Private medical cover
- Competitive pension contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- A range of great additional benefits being launched this year