• Configure Cisco routers for various WAN technologies, including; MPLS, private line, and Dynamic Multiport VPN (DMVPN). Have a strong working knowledge of access control lists and route maps.
• Configure and support Cisco Catalyst switches. Should have good working knowledge of; VLANs, trunking, EtherChannel, and UTP/fiber cabling standards. Experience with Cisco Nexus platform would be a plus.
• Ability to manage numerous projects, tasks and other assigned work efficiently. Key requirement is the ability to prioritize critical deliverables while meeting all other assigned duties.
• Contribute to standards-based and scalable architecture/design of systems for global deployment.
• Install and support wireless LAN’s using secure authentication methods on plant floors and administrative areas.
• Install and configure Cisco WAE/WAVE WAN acceleration devices and troubleshoot client to server performance issues.
• Have a strong working knowledge of and experience managing DNS and DHCP protocols.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex performance problems involving network and application teams using Netflow and packet capture tools.
• Partake in the after-hours support rotation with other GNS members.
• Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, infrastructure, operations & security technologies and standards of professional field.
• Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
• Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
• Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline.
• Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives.
• Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
• Knowledge of industry and business principles.
• Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area.
• Places issues in context of organizational and functional objectives. In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
• Develops and applies project management techniques.
• Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
• Qualitative information
• Quantitative research
• Trend data
• Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
• Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools.
• Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
• Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
• Develops skills to analyze ambiguous problems.
• Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
• Works with minimal direction.
• Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
• Manages multiple assignments and processes.
• Independently determines approach to project.
• Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
• Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
• May be responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
• May provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
• Updates management on project/activity status.
• Contributes to area by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others.
Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
• Provides process and policy advice.
• Explains assumptions and methodologies.
• Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
• Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers generally up to senior level management.Skills Required
• Applies a broad knowledge of infrastructure, operations & security design to analyze and isolate issues.
• Thorough understanding of client/server networks.
• Advanced ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
• Advanced understanding of how technology decisions relate to business needs.