Currently hiring Diesel Mechanic to work in our fleet shop in Earth City, MO. Cord Moving and Storage, an affiliate of North American Van Lines is a large family-owned business. Our fleet shop services vehicles ranging from passenger cars to heavy-duty tractor-trailers.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs
- Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, and maintaining supplies
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems
- Completing preventative maintenance e.g. engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters, etc.
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints: conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components, repairing body damage
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
- Current driver’s license and CDL
- 2+ years of experience working on Diesel/heavy-duty trucks.
- At least 2+ years experience as an Automotive
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced education in automotive repair is highly preferred but not required.
- Willingness to complete drug screening
Cord Moving and Storage is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, handicap, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or ethnicity.
, United States
||22 Jun 2022
Share Job Opening